to waste away; as from lack of use; to wither
berate
alleviate
embellish
atrophy

New GMATŪ tests

GMAT Practice tests Increase your GMAT test score with
plus 1.400 GMAT word flash cards
ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the GMATŪ Test and MBA Community
GMATŪ OG 11th eddition | I need help for preparation in MBA...
New GMAT tests #1 (permalink) Sat Dec 04, 2004 13:29 pm   New GMAT tests

As of now you can test your GMAT vocabulary here:
http://www.english-test.net/gmat/index.html

Please, let us know if all the tests work smoothly.

TOEIC short conversations: Two Business executives discuss profit strategies

New GMAT tests #2 (permalink) Sat Dec 04, 2004 16:24 pm   New GMAT tests

Torsten wrote:

Please, let us know if all the tests work smoothly. We know that in some of the tests there are errors and we will amend them step by step with your help.

Hi Torsten! it is terribly difficult to do these tests
thanks a lot

GMAT Test Preparation — Improve your Score with 280 free GMAT Vocabulary TestsGMAT Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise GMAT scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportGMAT Practice Tests — Learn the most essential GMAT vocabulary words you need to pass the GMAT with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemLearn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
GMAT standard #3 (permalink) Sat Dec 04, 2004 16:25 pm   GMAT standard

Well, it's the GMAT standard.

TOEIC short conversations: A customer pays cash in a store

New GMAT tests #4 (permalink) Sat Dec 04, 2004 16:26 pm   New GMAT tests

Anonymous wrote:
Torsten wrote:

Hi Torsten! it is terribly difficult to do these tests. I cannot remember all these " awfull" words.
thanks a lot

GMAT higher standard #5 (permalink) Sat Dec 04, 2004 16:28 pm   GMAT higher standard

Please, mind the spelling of awful. The GMAT is a requirement for most MBA programs, so of course the standard is higher than your usual ESL tests.

PS: If you think the GMAT vocabulary is awful it might be a good idea for you steer clear off those words.

TOEIC short conversations: Two employees talk about one of their former colleagues

GMAT higher standard #6 (permalink) Sat Dec 04, 2004 16:33 pm   GMAT higher standard

Torsten wrote:

I an sorry very much
awful words

GMAT higher standard #7 (permalink) Mon Dec 06, 2004 19:31 pm   GMAT higher standard

Torsten wrote:

Hi Torsten! What does it mean steer off?
Many thanks

Keep away from #8 (permalink) Mon Dec 06, 2004 19:31 pm   Keep away from

keep away from

TOEIC short conversations: Two employees compare the features of two computers

GMAT higher standard #9 (permalink) Mon Dec 06, 2004 19:32 pm   GMAT higher standard

Anonymous wrote:
Torsten wrote:

Hi Torsten! What does it mean steer clearoff?
Many thanks

Keep away from #10 (permalink) Mon Dec 06, 2004 19:34 pm   Keep away from

Torsten wrote:
keep away from

I will follow your wise advice.
Thank you very much

Tests #11 (permalink) Thu May 19, 2005 12:36 pm   Tests

This site provides you with tests on english but are there other sites where I can take mathematical tests online or say print them out.

New GMAT tests #12 (permalink) Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:17 am   New GMAT tests

Torsten wrote:

hi

This GMAT test is really difficult. :shock:
after doing some practice courses it would be very much beneficial in the writing skills
agg_rashmi

New GMAT tests #13 (permalink) Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:56 am   New GMAT tests

These tests are quite hard, I have to admit.
But at the same time it strangely happens that I score 8-10 proper answers in each and every one of them...... hehe I'm good :P
_________________
obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit
Mosteque

Location: Poland

New GMAT tests #14 (permalink) Wed Mar 22, 2006 18:53 pm   New GMAT tests

What is the rational behind the vocabulary tests? In verbal section of GMAT there is sentence correction (grammer) critical reasoning (logic) some reading comprehension.

It is always good to build ones vocabulary. If someone can explain me in detail benefit of these vocabulary tests in relation to GMAT? Vocabulary that i have seen in GMAT tests are much easier than posted on this site. All major prep courses don't emphasis on vocabulary and focus more on grammer,logic and fast reading.

Can you please explain?
gmatmaster

How to prepare for the GMAT #15 (permalink) Wed Mar 22, 2006 19:42 pm   How to prepare for the GMAT

Hi gmaatmaster, many thanks for your questions. The vocabulary tests on this site can help you learn important words that often occur in the GMAT. For example, you will learn the difference between the adjective rational and the noun rationale. Also, you might want to take a look at this story to learn more about the use of the articles:
How to use the articles.

If you like you can tell us why you want to take the GMAT and what you think is the best way of preparing for it.
Regards

TOEIC listening, question-response: What is your new manager like?

ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the GMATŪ Test and MBA Community All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on GMAT Test Forums
Statement of Purpose Sample for all programStatement of Purpose for Finance (sample)GMATŪ issue essayAsk Stacy Blackman ConsultingReview a GMATŪ Test Prep Book for Kaplan Publishing!Preparing for the GMATŪ exam?GMATŪ Reading Comprehension:Timing Is Very ImportantGMATŪ verbalGMATŪŪ issue: The most effective way for managers to assign work is to divide compcompared to versus when compared toGMATŪ essay on topic: Global Financial CrisisScored 780 in GMATŪRequire GMATŪ and TOEFLŪ material ASAP!