Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

discourse given before an audience; tedious reprimand; formal reproof
raise
sum
route
lecture
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

limited to one function

ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Are these sentences natural to a native ear? July 12, 2016 | Only you[,]
listening exercises
limited to one function #1 (permalink) Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:00 am   limited to one function

Hello everyone,

http://www.shadowsgovernment.com/shadows-library/Act%20Like%20a%20Leader,%20Think%20Like%20a%20Leader%20-%20Herminia%20Ibarra.pdf

page 47

Of course, Salim had the benefit of a stint as assistant to the CEO, a perch from which he could observe how all the dots con-nected. For those of us whose past experience has been limited to one function or business unit, the next order of priority is to find a project that broadens our vision and increases our capacity to connect the dots. Another method, as we’ll see in chapter 3, is to start working on expanding our networks.

Does "limited to one function" mean that those managers had only one responsibility at work?

Thank you.
Klpno
I'm here quite often ;-)

Re: limited to one function #2 (permalink) Wed Jul 13, 2016 17:13 pm   Re: limited to one function

Quote:
Does "limited to one function" mean that those managers had only one responsibility at work?.
I feel that those managers had only one area of work, or they were confined to just one project.
I'm a Communicator ;-)

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
limited to one function #3 (permalink) Wed Jul 13, 2016 17:32 pm   limited to one function

Thank you, Anglophile.
Klpno
I'm here quite often ;-)

Are these sentences natural to a native ear? July 12, 2016 | Only you[,]
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Key to a destective storyAll despitecannotI know notforgot / was forgotThe / without "the" at the beginning of the titles of the organizationsuse of thenduring then-participle5 dollar worth (?)The ministry of the/interior of ......Who polices the policeliking/like