agreement; business transaction; exchange; amount
semester
consultant
labor
deal

From the New York Times

Specially that / sinceit had never happened before. | Clarification required
From the New York Times #1 (permalink) Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:00 am   From the New York Times

And while no outsider can know what goes on inside another’s marriage, you can’t help feeling some of the joy of that union. They still finish each other’s sentences.
What does the highlighted sentence mean? Is 'to finish each other's sentences' an idiom? (Of course this is about President Obama)
_________________
Anglophile
I know only one thing - that is that I know nothing.
Anglophile

From the New York Times #2 (permalink) Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:23 am   From the New York Times

They know each other so well they are able to second-guess what they will say or do before they say/do it. It can also be taken to hint that they are of one accord.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
From the New York Times #3 (permalink) Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:29 am   From the New York Times

Two questions:
1. Is it an idiomatic expression?
2. What does the word 'still' signify?
_________________
Anglophile
Anglophile

From the New York Times #4 (permalink) Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:04 am   From the New York Times

1. Partially. It is sometimes used literally, and has a basis in its literal meaning, so I wouldn't really say so - though there is an element of it because it does not often indicate that you would hear them doing. Maybe it is one of those expressions which is become increasingly idiomatic as time progresses.
2. That they have been doing so for a long time. I think the hint that they are of one accord is relevant here, and this indicates that they are stil of the same mind after many years.
_________________

From the New York Times #5 (permalink) Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:53 am   From the New York Times

--Nice trop to me.

Just a couple of examples: “Loving couples: In a world where 40 percent of marriages end in divorce, you can't help but notice them. There they are, finishing each other's sentences or laughing in some dusky corner of a Chinese restaurant. They seem so wonderfully in sync,..”;

“There are many possible signs of compatibility, but these are too powerful to ignore.... • You can finish each other's sentences. It's a giant cliché, but if you do find yourselves finishing each other's sentences, it could be a sign of deep compatibility. After all, great minds do think alike.”
Eugene2114

From the New York Times #6 (permalink) Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:06 am   From the New York Times

Thanks to both of you. Yes, the couple are loving each other so much so that they understand perfectly and listen patiently in a mutually compatible manner. A model couple, indeed!
_________________
Anglophile
Anglophile

unappealing aspirationI wish it wouldn't/didn't rain rain so often here.Because I didn't leave home earlier, I have missed the first part of the play.bigger presenceNeither the next day / nor the next dayup and down the ticketI'm looking for a placebondingTeachers, journalists, police and judges alike have been caught in a net authoritfailing the examDare to sbKey to a destective storyAll despite