denial; rejection
refusal
instructor
belief
anticipation

up and down the ticket

I'm looking for a place | Neither the next day / nor the next day
up and down the ticket #1 (permalink) Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:13 am   up and down the ticket

When Cruz told them "vote your conscience" up and down the ticket, it became clear that he was not going to endorse Trump.

What does ‘up and down the ticket’ mean here, please?
Ksguo

up and down the ticket #2 (permalink) Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:42 am   up and down the ticket

I believe it has to do with ‘Down Ticket Races’ –“political races that are not at the highest level possible. For example, a congressional race would be considered a down ticket race if there was also a presidential race. If the mayor was being decided, then a city council would be a down ticket race.”

So ‘up and down the ticket’ could mean voting at all levels, from the highest down.
Eugene2114

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
was/became/got breathlessunappealing aspirationI wish my friends didn't phone methat is the importance ofI wish it wouldn't/didn't rain rain so often here.Because I didn't leave home earlier, I have missed the first part of the play.bigger presenceindoorsClarification requiredbondingFrom the New York TimesTeachers, journalists, police and judges alike have been caught in a net authoritfailing the exam