Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

progressively
gradually
direct
slantwise
firm
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

I wish it wouldn't/didn't rain rain so often here.

ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
bigger presence | Because I didn't leave home earlier, I have missed the first part of the play.
listening exercises
I wish it wouldn't/didn't rain rain so often here. #1 (permalink) Sat Jul 23, 2016 17:36 pm   I wish it wouldn't/didn't rain rain so often here.

1. It's raining again and we can't go on a picnic. What a pity! I wish it wouldn't rain so often here.

2. It's raining again and we can't go on a picnic. What a pity! I wish it didn't rain so often here.

Hello,
Are both acceptable? If yes, then what's the difference between the blue parts in 1 and 2?

Thank you.

I wish it wouldn't/didn't rain rain so often here. #2 (permalink) Sat Jul 23, 2016 18:50 pm   I wish it wouldn't/didn't rain rain so often here.

If you're going to add 'here' then I'd prefer:
I wish it wouldn't rain as often here.
I wish it didn't rain so often here

Without 'here':
I wish it wouldn't rain so often.
I wish it didn't rain so often.
Language Coach

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
bigger presence | Because I didn't leave home earlier, I have missed the first part of the play.
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
journey/tripMay be allowed.Who I wanttrippedwas/became/got breathlessunappealing aspirationI wish my friends didn't phone methat is the importance ofNeither the next day / nor the next dayup and down the ticketindoorsI'm looking for a placeClarification required