progressively
gradually
direct
slantwise
firm

I wish it wouldn't/didn't rain rain so often here.

bigger presence | Because I didn't leave home earlier, I have missed the first part of the play.
I wish it wouldn't/didn't rain rain so often here. #1 (permalink) Sat Jul 23, 2016 17:36 pm   I wish it wouldn't/didn't rain rain so often here.

1. It's raining again and we can't go on a picnic. What a pity! I wish it wouldn't rain so often here.

2. It's raining again and we can't go on a picnic. What a pity! I wish it didn't rain so often here.

Are both acceptable? If yes, then what's the difference between the blue parts in 1 and 2?

_________________
Sorry if I don't thank you more than once. I don't want to bother you by filling up a thread with multiple thank yous.
Sb70012

I wish it wouldn't/didn't rain rain so often here. #2 (permalink) Sat Jul 23, 2016 18:50 pm   I wish it wouldn't/didn't rain rain so often here.

If you're going to add 'here' then I'd prefer:
I wish it wouldn't rain as often here.
I wish it didn't rain so often here

Without 'here':
I wish it wouldn't rain so often.
I wish it didn't rain so often.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
journey/tripMay be allowed.Who I wanttrippedwas/became/got breathlessunappealing aspirationI wish my friends didn't phone methat is the importance ofNeither the next day / nor the next dayup and down the ticketindoorsI'm looking for a placeClarification required