Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to pull; to drag
value
tow
presume
counsel
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

I love Trump's style!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

ESL Forum | What do you want to talk about?
Under Stars -- New album by Amy Macdonald? | the songbird
listening exercises
I love Trump's style! #61 (permalink) Wed Dec 14, 2016 17:02 pm   I love Trump's style!

Oh, almost forgot, Long live the Queen.
Black Knight
I'm here quite often ;-)

I love Trump's style! #62 (permalink) Wed Dec 14, 2016 17:03 pm   I love Trump's style!

Cuz her grandpa gave an OBE to my elder grandpa. Hihi
Black Knight
I'm here quite often ;-)

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
I love Trump's style! #63 (permalink) Wed Dec 14, 2016 18:17 pm   I love Trump's style!

My congrats to your elder grandpa on this high honor. Could you please to share with me what was the significant achievement for he awarded?

I love Trump's style! #64 (permalink) Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:54 am   I love Trump's style!

Thank you my Lady.

Actually, that was my grandfather's elder brother. His 4th generations are now in England.

1947 New Year Honours

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 1947 New Year Honours were appointments by many of the Commonwealth Realms of King George VI to various orders and honours to reward and highlight good works by citizens of those countries. They were published on 31 December 1946.

The recipients of honours are displayed here as they were styled before their new honour, and arranged by honour, with classes (Knight, Knight Grand Cross, etc.) and then divisions (Military, Civil, etc.) as appropriate.

Kind regards.
Kyaw Min Lwin.
Black Knight
I'm here quite often ;-)

I love Trump's style! #65 (permalink) Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:59 am   I love Trump's style!

Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE)

Civil Division

David Henry Alexander, MSc, AMIMechE, Principal, Municipal College of Technology, Belfast.
Sidney Herbert Alison, lately Deputy Comptroller, London County Council.
Alderman Charles William Allison, JP, for public services in Stockton-on-Tees.
David Andrews, lately Fire Services Commander, National Fire Service, Northern Ireland.
George Edward Bairsto, DSc, DEng, MIEE, FInstP, Senior Principal Scientific Officer, Ministry of Supply.
Bernard Stuart Baker, Director of Supplies, HM Stationery Office.
Colin Bartlett, Assistant to Chief Ship Surveyor, Lloyds Register of Shipping.
Cyril Jack Bentley, Regional Officer for Birmingham and West Midlands, Assistance Board.
Geoffrey Vaughan Blackstone, GM, Chief Regional Fire Officer, No. 8 (Wales) Region, National Fire Service.
Lieutenant-Colonel John Noel Blenkin, MC, lately in charge of the Department of National Service Entertainment, Middle East.
George Leslie Bond, MBE, Controller, Export Licensing Branch, Board of Trade.
Lieutenant-Colonel Frederick Crichton Brown, County Army Welfare Officer for Berkshire.
Frederick Augustus L'Estrange Burges, MBE, MRCS, LRCP, Post Office Medical Officer for the Hockley and Handsworth districts of Birmingham.
George Thomas Cairncross, Postal Controller, Home Counties Region, General Post Office.
May Eudora Campbell, JP, Chairman of the Women's Voluntary Services in Scotland.
John Carson, JP, Manager, Liverpool Repair Works, Harland and Wolff, Ltd.
Jack Granado Chester, MBE, Deputy Controller of Supplies, Ministry of Works.
Percevale John Clarke, AMIEE, Chairman, Youth Hostels Association.
Theodora Coatman, JP, Chairman, North West Regional Citizens' Clubs Council.
Percival Pasley Cole, MB, ChB, FRCS, Senior Surgeon, Dreadnought Seamen's Hospital, Greenwich.
David Clark Collins, Chief Executive Officer, Board of Trade.
William Keith Cormack. Chief. Constable, Caithness County Police Force.
George Frederick Craven, AMInstCE, MIME, MIEE, MInstT, General Manager and Engineer, Halifax Corporation Passenger Transport Department.
Captain Arthur James Francis Danielli, MC, Assistant Accountant-General, Ministry of Health.
Frank Dark, lately Deputy Accountant-General, Ministry of Education.
Harry Day, lately Accountant, Office of the Receiver for the Metropolitan Police District.
Alexander Dey, Naval Architect, Anchor Line, Ltd.
Laurence Frank Easterbrook, Agricultural author and journalist.
David Lewis Evans, Assistant Keeper, First Class, Public Record Office.
Harry France, General President, National Union of Blastfurnacemen, Oreminers, Coke Workers and Kindred Trades.
Leslie James Gardner, Chief Designer, "Britain Can Make It" Exhibition.
Beatrice Gebhard, lately Matron, Central Middlesex County Hospital.
Horace Coe George, Senior Inspector of Taxes, Exeter, Board of Inland Revenue.
James White Gibb, Director of Alkali Division, Imperial Chemical Industries, Ltd.
Walter Douglas Goss, National Secretary, Transport and General Workers' Union.
Henry Powell Grabaskey, Assistant Director of Manning (Statistics), Air Ministry.
John Green, General Works Manager, A. V. Roe and Company, Ltd.
Councillor Ernest Greenhill, Vice-Chairman, Glasgow Savings Committee.
Wing Commander George Edward Augustus Greensill, Chief Maintenance Officer, Central European District, Imperial War Graves Commission.
Richard Alan Hacking, MSc, lately Controller of Production, Dorman Long and Company, Ltd.
James Hall, MBE, Assistant Director of Navy Contracts, Admiralty.
Augustus Richard Harman, Assistant Controller, Savings Department, General Post Office.
Frederic Clare Hawkes, Honorary Secretary, Royal Air Force Pilots' and Crews' Fund Committee of the Auctioneers and Estate Agents' Institute.
Benjamin John Herrington, Waterguard Superintendent, 1st Class, Board of Customs and Excise.
Charles Alleyne Higgins, Senior Legal Assistant, Office of HM Procurator General and Treasury Solicitor.
Alexander Davidson Hillhouse, Finance Director, Transport, Warehousing, Cold Storage and Salvage Divisions, Ministry of Food.
Arthur Hillier, Chairman and Managing Director, Sperry Gyroscope Company, Ltd, Brentford.
James Lansdale Hodson, Author and Journalist.
Lawrence Steele Hoggarth, FSI, Chairman, Westmorland War Agricultural Executive Committee.
Edward Carleton Studdert Holmes, Travelling Secretary, Central Advisory Council for Adult Education in HM Forces.
Ernest James Henry Holt, Honorary Secretary, Amateur Athletic Association.
Dudley Howe, JP, Chairman, Barry Juvenile Advisory Committee and Local Employment Committee.
Enid Janet Mary Howell, Principal, Board of Trade.
Samuel Leslie Hulme, Deputy Director of Telecommunications, Ministry of Civil Aviation.
Harry Raper Humphries, Director of Animal Feeding Stuffs, Ministry of Food.
Henry Joseph Hutter, MBE, Assistant Director (Accounts), Air Ministry.
James Herbert Ireland, lately General Secretary, City of Belfast Young Men's Christian Association.
Charles Grafton Izard, lately Secretary, Prudential Approved Societies.
John Wynford George James, Chief Pilot, British European Airways Corporation.
James Porter Jamison, JP, Chairman, County Tyrone Savings Committee, and Member of the Ulster Savings Committee.
Frederick Robert Hurlstone-Jones, Chairman, Headmasters' Employment Committee.
Oswald Jones, Chief Executive Officer, Ministry of National Insurance, Cardiff.
William Jones, Regional Manager, Cardiff, War Damage Commission.
Robert Kean, Director of the Federation of Civil Engineering Contractors.
Thomas Calder Southwell Keely, Assistant Master, Supreme Court of Judicature.
Stewart Kilpatrick, Chairman, United Kingdom Dependents Advisory Committee of the Dependents' Board of Trustees for the Dominion of Canada.
Lionel King, AMInstCE, Assistant Director, Ministry of Supply.
John Kirkwood, Interim Director of Studies, West of Scotland Agricultural College.
Thomas Herbert Lewis, Chief Constable, Carmarthenshire.
Douglas Wilson McAra, Senior Examiner, Board of Inland Revenue.
John McAslan, JP, Chairman of the Committee for No. 321 Squadron, Air Training Corps.
James Rhys Stuart MacLeod, Principal, Dominions Office.
Ernest Maplesden, Principal, Ministry of Works.
Frederick Robert Maude, FSI, Chief Surveyor of Lands, Admiralty.
Violet Edith Seary-Mercer, Honorary Organising Secretary, Clothing Branch, Soldiers', Sailors' and Airmen's Families Association.
Alderman Luther Frederick Milner, JP, Representative of Sheffield, National Savings Committee.
Harold Filmer Minter, AMInstT, Deputy Director, Meat Section, Road Haulage Organisation, Ministry of Transport.
David Francis Morgan, Legal and Parliamentary Secretary, Imperial Headquarters, Boy Scouts Association.
The Reverend Stanley James Wells Morgan, JP, Chairman, Swanscombe Urban District Council.
Arnold Morris, MInstCE, Senior Planning Inspector, Ministry of Town and Country Planning.
Charles Stephen Mundy, Lately Assistant Director, Sea Transport Division, Ministry of Transport.
James Harold Castell Newton, Depury President, Incorporated Federated Association of Boot and Shoe Manufacturers of Great Britain and Ireland.
John Oldham, JP, Representative of Denton on the North West Regional Industrial Savings Committee.
Major Leslie Pardoe, Headmaster, Pershore County Modern School.
Robert Henry Victor Hardie Park, Superintending Inspector, Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries.
John Parkin, MC, Assistant Secretary, Ministry of Supply.
Elsa Rose Perkins, MBE, Honorary Director, Street Groups Department, National Savings Committee.
Leonard Bessemer Pfeil, DSc, ARSM, Manager, Research and Development Department, Mond Nickel Company.
Louis Pheasey, Superintending Examiner, Patent Office, Board of Trade.
Arthur Gerald Pockett, Secretary, Civil Service War Distress Fund.
Percival Pope, General Manager, Montague Burton, Ltd.
David Doig Pratt, PhD, Assistant Director, Department of Scientific and Industrial Research.
William Richardson, Executive Secretary, Overseas Supply Committee of the Petroleum Board.
George Charles Ricketts, Assistant Regional Controller, Ministry of Labour and National Service.
John Macgregor Ritchie, PhD, Honorary Superintendent and Secretary, Royal London Society for Teaching and Training the Blind.
Henry Metford Rowe, Principal, Scottish Home Department.
Joseph Thomas Bruce Sandercock, Vice-Chairman, National Federation of Building Trades Operatives.
William Robert Sanders, Deputy Commander, Metropolitan Police.
Edgar Hermann Joseph Schuster, DSc, lately member of the scientific staff of the Medical Research Council.
Cecil Herbert Silver, Administrative Officer for Political Intelligence, India Office.
Sydney William Smart, Superintendent of Operation, Southern Railway Company.
Major Robert Smith, MC, Supervising Valuer (Dilapidations), War Office.
Ralph Southcombe, ACA, President of the National Association of Glove Manufacturers.
Thomas William Charles Starbuck, MBE, Assistant Director, British Red Shield Services, Salvation Army. Lieutenant-Colonel, Salvation Army.
James Stewart, Principal Officer, Ministry of Commerce, Northern Ireland.
Walter Allan Stewart, County Agricultural Organiser and Principal of the Northamptonshire Institute of Agriculture.
James Strachan, lately Provost of Falkirk.
Arthur Leslie Sutcliffe, Chairman, No. 1171 (Sowerby Bridge) Squadron, Air Training Corps.
Robert George Thatcher, Principal, Ministry of Fuel and Power.
Harral Thompon, Deputy Leather Controller, Board of Trade.
Charles Herbert Thorpe, JP, Joint Honorary Secretary and Trustee, Royal Masonic Hospital, Hammersmith.
Major William Howard Warman, Chief Livestock Inspector, Ministry of Food.
Douglas Edward Webb, Police Staff Officer I, British Element, Allied Commission for Austria.
Herbert Arthur Webb, Deputy Chief Inspector of Training, Ministry of Labour and National Service.
Margaret Weddell, Principal, Manchester Training College of Domestic Economy.
Vincent Joseph Wilkes, Coal Supplies Officer, South Staffordshire.
John Henry Williams, Senior Civil Assistant, War Office.
Geraldine Williamson, Regional Administrator, North Western Region, Women's Voluntary Services.
William Charles Willis, Chief Engineer Officer, SS Orient City, Sir William Reardon Smith & Sons, Ltd.
James Graham Willmore, MD, CM, MRCP, lately Principal Medical Officer, Ministry of Pensions.
Charles Horace Wilmot, Director, Information Services Department, British Council.
Leonard Ernest Wuille. For services to the Ministry of Food in connection with the distribution of fruit.
Randle Reid-Adam, First Secretary (Commercial) at His Majesty's Embassy at Cairo.
Edward Anthony Fulcher Ashton, First Secretary at His Majesty's Legation at La Paz.
Henry Norman Brain, Consul on the Staff of the Special Commissioner in South East Asia.
Alfred John Claxton, British Advocate, Sudan Government.
Edward Uniacke Penrose Fitzgerald, First Secretary (Information) at His Majesty's Embassy at Mexico City (Now at His Majesty's Embassy at Madrid.)
Joseph William Foster, JP. For services to the Anglo-American Observer Mission to Greece.
John William Hawksley Grice, MRCS, LRCP, British subject resident in China.
Alan Joseph Herbert, JP. For services to the Anglo-American Observer Mission to Greece.
Henry Calverly Hinton, British subject resident in Madeira.
Herbert Aubrey Mabey, attached to a Department of the Foreign Office.
Mary Edith Nicholls. For services with the British Red Cross Society in South East Asia.
John Kingston O'Donoghue, MBE. On the staff of the Political Adviser to the Commander-in-Chief, Germany.
John Bradbury Lanham Titchener. Far Eastern Publicity Division of Supreme Allied Command, South East Asia.
Richard Bartram Boyd Tollinton, First Secretary and Consul on the Staff of the British Political Representative in Bulgaria.
Maurice Wood, British subject resident in the United States of America.
James Arthur Banks, MBE, Chairman, West of Scotland Branch, Empire Societies' War Hospitality Committee.
Kenneth McKenzie Brown, President, Fishermen's Protective Union, Newfoundland. For public services.
Henry Norman Burt, Chief Appraiser, Department of Customs, Newfoundland.
Charles Havilland Douglas Chepmell, formerly Clerk of the Legislative Council, State of Tasmania.
George Dey. For municipal and public services in Port Pirie, State of South Australia.
Basil Benjamin Hill, MC, ED, Headmaster, Umtali High School, Southern Rhodesia.
James Hopwood, Chief Superintendent of Transportation, Rhodesia Railways, Limited.
William Thomas Martin, Superintendent of Primary Education, State of South Australia.
Louis McCusbin, Director of the National Gallery, State of South Australia.
Ralph John Morton, MC, Attorney General, Southern Rhodesia.
Kenneth Nolan, Chairman of the Chamber of Commerce, Basutoland. For public services.
Gilbert Graham Poole, Resident Engineer, Engineering and Water Supply Department, State of South Australia.
John Alexander Von Alwyn, of Launceston, State of Tasmania, State President for Northern Tasmania, Bush Nursing Association.
Dermont Campbell Barty, Indian Civil Service, District Magistrate, Hyderabad, Sind.
Henry Norman Brock, Divisional Transportation Superintendent, Great Indian Peninsula Railway, Jhansi.
Samuel Chad Wick, General Manager, The Buckingham and Carnatic Company Limited, Madras.
Christopher Arthur Cookson, Manager, Laxmi-Vishnu Mills, Sholapur, Bombay.
Major John Richard Cotton, MBE, Indian Army, Indian Political Service, lately Secretary to the Honourable the Resident at Baroda and for the States of Western India and Gujarat.
Sydney Joseph Curtis, MC, Indian Forest Service, Conservator of Forests, Southern Circle, Bengal.
Percy Harold Davy, Director of Aeronautical Inspection, Civil Aviation Directorate, Government of India.
Lieutenant-Colonel Geoffry Forbes Skene Keating, 14th Punjab Regiment, Indian Army, attached Zhob Militia, Baluchistan.
James White Meldrum. Indian Civil Service, Secretary to the High Commissioner for India in the Union of South Africa.
Maharaj Kumar Paljor Tendup Namgyal, Heir-apparent of Sikkim State.
William Bertram Neilson, AMInstCE, Chartered Civil Engineer, Director of Ordnance Factories.
Charles Reynolds Nodder, Director, Technological Research Laboratories, Indian Central Jute Committee, Calcutta.
Henry Joseph Pearson, MBE, Deputy Secretary to the Government of the Punjab in the Finance Department.
Charles Robertson Ovens Robertson, Indian Police, Central Intelligence Officer, United Provinces and Ajmer, Lucknow.
Major (temporary Lieutenant-Colonel) William Sandison, DSO, Indian Army, Commandant, Tochi Scouts, North-West Frontier Province.
Major George Sherriff, Indian Army, of Tashi Ding, Kalimpong, Bengal.
Cecil John Louis Stokoe, Civilian Manager, Bird and Company, New Delhi.
Albert Ernest Wright, Collector of Central Excise, Calcutta.
U Aye Maung II, Burma Service of Engineers, Class I, Chief Engineer, Public Works Department, Irrigation Branch.
George Pfaff, MBE, Burma Veterinary Service, Class I, Research Officer and Principal, Veterinary College, Insein.
Abang Haji Mustapha, Datu Bandar of Sarawak.
Colonel Oliver Hugh Reginald Beadles, Controller of Supplies, Malayan Union.
Peter Fitzherbert Campbell, Colonial Administrative Service, Assistant Colonial Secretary, Barbados.
Robert George Dakin. For public services in Uganda.
Alfred John Ernest Davis, Deputy Head of a Department of the Crown Agents for the Colonies. For services with the British Colonies Supply Mission, Washington.
Pierre Francois Joseph Louis Rathier Du Vergé, MC, MRCS, LRCP, Medical Superintendent, Victoria Hospital, Mauritius.
Lieutenant-Colonel Ernest Gordon Fish, Colonial Police Service, Commissioner of Police, Zanzibar.
Samuel Moore Gilbert, Colonial Agricultural Service, Chief Scientific Officer, Coffee Research and Experimental Station, Lyamungu, Tanganyika.
John Gutch, Colonial Administrative Service, Under Secretary (Political), Palestine.
James Herbert Jenkins, Controller of Supplies, Seychelles.
The Right Reverend Thomas Sylvester Claudius Johnson, BD, Assistant Bishop of Sierra Leone.
Curtis Daniel Johnston, MD, CM, Medical Officer, Black River District, Jamaica.
Kwan Po Chan. For services to the University during the enemy occupation of Hong Kong.
The Venerable Lackland Augustus Lennon, MBE. For public services in Nigeria.
William George Noel Lightfoot, Establishment Officer, Northern Rhodesia.
Arthur John Loveridge, Colonial Administrative Service, Judicial Adviser, Gold Coast.
William Thomas Mackell, Colonial Education Service, Chief Inspector of Education, Nigeria.
Thomas Percy Fergus McNeice, Colonial Administrative Service, Secretary for Social Welfare, Singapore.
Michael Aldwyn Maillard. For public services in Trinidad.
Patrick William Robertson Petrie, MB, ChB, DTM&H. For medical services in the Aden Protectorate.
Frederick Walter Shaftain, Colonial Police Service, Superintendent of Police, Hong Kong.
Colin Smee, MC, Colonial Agricultural Service, Entomologist, Agricultural Department, Nyasaland.
Edgar Staines, Custodian of Enemy Property, retired Registrar, Superior Courts, Malta.
Neil Archibald Campbell Weir, ED, Colonial Administrative Service, Senior Commissioner, Gambia.
Claude Vibart Wight. For public services in British Guiana.
Black Knight
I'm here quite often ;-)

I love Trump's style! #66 (permalink) Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:04 am   I love Trump's style!

This is my grandfather's elder brother who received the OBE award.

U Aye Maung II, Burma Service of Engineers, Class I, Chief Engineer, Public Works Department, Irrigation Branch

His grandfather was U Paw Htun, a noble. An aristocat. Oops, an aristocrat.

I frequently borrow U Paw Htun's photo and post as mine on ETN.

Kind regards.

Black Knight
I'm here quite often ;-)

I love Trump's style! #67 (permalink) Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:20 am   I love Trump's style!

You may wonder why we don't have the same surnames. Cuz we Burmese are bastards and we don't have family names or surnames.

So we feel very independent.
Black Knight
I'm here quite often ;-)

I love Trump's style! #68 (permalink) Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:03 am   I love Trump's style!

Dear Mr. Kyaw,

Today I have had a very busy day. Now in Hungary it is night, it is 1:45 am. I remembered that your grandfather was an awarded man. And I remembered this photo also. I asked you that I was curious of what territory he received his honor as yesterday I read this award was given to civilian people who were extraordinary in their profession.

Now I know that he was an engineer whose closer department was the irrigation Branch
U Aye Maung II, Burma Service of Engineers, Class I, Chief Engineer, Public Works Department, Irrigation Branch.

I am very grateful that you spoke to me about your family

Your family was a talented family that's why I know that you inherited their talents only you like to say that you are only a man with IQ 40. I have always known that is only a self-parody. And I have never got it seriously.

Till now I did not know that the brother of your grandpa also received a reward. I am happy to hear that.

I hope you mother is in good health, You remember that we changed letters about her also. She is the same generation as me.

Take care and enjoy your life.

Regards:
Kati

I love Trump's style! #69 (permalink) Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:53 am   I love Trump's style!

My sincere apologies to the Queen. King George VI is the father of the Queen.

Black Knight
I'm here quite often ;-)

I love Trump's style! #70 (permalink) Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:03 am   I love Trump's style!

Thank you very much for your kind words my Lady.
My mother is still going strong. Still slapping me, kicking me if I don't behave.
She once told me his cousin brother, son of Aye Maung, a senior engineer too, also received an OBE himself.
But I'm not very sure about that. I have to research about it.
But me is always the IQ 4O. And I love it.

Kind regards.
Kyaw Min Lwin
Black Knight
I'm here quite often ;-)

I love Trump's style! #71 (permalink) Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:32 am   I love Trump's style!

My Lady,

My great grand mother and her sons. Pe Htun ( my grand father ), Aye Maung ( in a suit ) and Ba Shin. ( They have no family names as our Burmese names are very individual ).

Kind regards.

Black Knight
I'm here quite often ;-)

I love Trump's style! #72 (permalink) Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:01 am   I love Trump's style!

My heartiest congratulations Mr. Trump.

And welcome to Burma.

The US electoral college has certified Donald Trump as president, despite a last-ditch effort to deny him the White House.

And to me you are the most handsome guy in the world.
Black Knight
I'm here quite often ;-)

I love Trump's style! #73 (permalink) Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:09 am   I love Trump's style!

And don't you forget to visit the Queen.
She's expecting you.

Long live my Queen!
Black Knight
I'm here quite often ;-)

I love Trump's style! #74 (permalink) Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:38 am   I love Trump's style!

Trump executive order pulls out of TPP trade deal.

The show is more lively now. I love it.
Black Knight
I'm here quite often ;-)

Under Stars -- New album by Amy Macdonald? | the songbird
ESL Forum | What do you want to talk about? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Latest topics on English Forums
funny photostrump must reform fbi and cia.I'm seriously learning Chinese.reading people's photosImpressions by the best truck driver in Europe?Online Marketing Course by GoogleWhat do you think of this UPS truck?trump must leave the dragon alonePutin can't talkthe manlonely year 2017New Year GreetingsHappy New Year!