incentive; drive; inspiration; state of being stirred to action
relief
transaction
owner
motivation

Expression 'hit the nail on the head'

Become weaker vs. lose standards | Idiom: 'to mind your own business'
Expression 'hit the nail on the head' #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 13, 2006 15:04 pm   Expression 'hit the nail on the head'

ESL/EFL Test #217 "American English Idioms", question 2

Ryan hit the nail on the head when he said the government spending is outrageous and unethical. What is the meaning of 'hit the nail on the head'? .........

(a) to say something that is accurate
(b) to say something that is incorrect
(c) to say something that is pretentious
(d) to say something that is stupid

ESL/EFL Test #217 "American English Idioms", answer 2

Ryan hit the nail on the head when he said the government spending is outrageous and unethical. What is the meaning of 'hit the nail on the head'? to say something that is accurate

Correct answer: (a) to say something that is accurate
_________________________

what does it mean?

Dolma
Dolma

Expression 'hit the nail on the head' #2 (permalink) Mon Nov 13, 2006 15:34 pm   Expression 'hit the nail on the head'

.
The expression 'hit the nail on the head' is explained in the solution to the test.

This expression means: to do or say exactly the right thing / to be correct or accurate
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Idiom: I've now lost the threadMeaning of incidentallyMeaning of "stick out his neck"Meaning of "portfolio" in this contextExpression: "for the sake of"Those vs. theseMeaning of "to lay an egg""make" versus "build up"What is the difference between "whom" and "who"?Change versus shiftBe able to inspire VERSUS be able to inspiringExpression: to be up for somethingIdiom: face the music