act of sending out; act of starting or initiating; commencement; inauguration
incentive
behind
launch
brand

Idiom: 'to mind your own business'

Expression 'hit the nail on the head' | "make" versus "build up"
Idiom: 'to mind your own business' #1 (permalink) Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:53 am   Idiom: 'to mind your own business'

ESL/EFL Test #40 "Do you mind?", question 10

I tried to show an interest in her future career but she simply told me to mind my own ..........

(a) state
(b) business
(c) activities
(d) actions

ESL/EFL Test #40 "Do you mind?", answer 10

I tried to show an interest in her future career but she simply told me to mind my own business.

Correct answer: (b) business
_________________________

what means to mind my own business
ibrahim

Idiom: 'to mind your own business' #2 (permalink) Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:53 am   Idiom: 'to mind your own business'

In other words she simply told him not to interfere with her future career matters but better to think about his own affairs.
Pamela

Location: RF

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Idiom: 'to mind your own business' #3 (permalink) Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:07 am   Idiom: 'to mind your own business'

I think it's also important to point that the correct question should read "What does 'to mind my own business mean'?"

TOEIC listening, photographs: A warehouse full of boxes

Idiom: to see eye to eyeIdiom: I've now lost the threadMeaning of incidentallyMeaning of "stick out his neck"Meaning of "portfolio" in this contextExpression: "for the sake of"Those vs. theseMeaning of "to lay an egg"Become weaker vs. lose standardsWhat is the difference between "whom" and "who"?Change versus shiftBe able to inspire VERSUS be able to inspiringExpression: to be up for something