hating or distrusting mankind; cynical
demure
fortuitous
misanthropic
pertinacious

Getting information from many different news resources.

Getting information from many different news resources. | Getting information from many different news resources.
Getting  information from many different news resources. #1 (permalink) Tue Oct 10, 2017 14:05 pm   Getting information from many different news resources.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

In order to be well-informed, a person must get information from many different news resources.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Deciding how to get informed about the news is one of the most important decisions in your life because reading and listening the news from different resources have different effects on your view about events. Some people prefer to read or listen the news from different resources while others prefer to get the news from a dedicated resource. I personally prefer to read the news from a defined resource because I think reading and listening to different resources takes lots of time. Moreover I think that all that the information of all news agencies are common and there is not remarkable differences.

To begin, I believe that more people do not have enough time to refer to different resources to be aware about different aspects of an event and if they decide to do that it takes lots of time and has negative effects on other aspects of their lives. For example, I remember when I was in high school, I have a part time job and I was a computer technician in a company. At first I did not have access and I did my job carefully and the manager of the company appreciated me for this. After I connected my computer to the internet, I used to read news from different online news sites. I was very interested to be well informed about different aspects of Iran’ nuclear deal with 7+1 countries that I read news about it from all reformists sites such as www.asriran.com and www.alef.ir. Every day it took about five hours to be well informed about negotiations of Iran and other developed countries. After a month, one day the manager came in to the room and saw lots of computers in my room which needed to be repaired. He told me that we do not need you because you just read the news here and do not do our work. As you can see being addicted to read the news from different sites has negative effects on one’s other aspects of life.

Furthermore, I think that all news agencies contents’ are common and they just copy and paste the news. So it is not required that one read and listen news from different resources. For instance, I usually listen to VOA news and BBC news from a radio when I drive to home every day. I do this because I think that if I listen to English from different resources with different accents it will have positive effects on my listening skill. After a year thet I listened to both of these station every day I found that when an event occurs across the world both of them talk about it and there is no a significant difference between them. So I think that no one needs to get the news from different resources and one of them is enough.

To sum up, I believe that people who read and listen to the news from different resources just waste their time and I advice my family and my friends that do not do this.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture in Political Science
Mahdi

Location: IRAN

Dangerous sportTeachers should not make their social or political views known to studentsPastimes by age - Table summerizeThe dislike and like from a person you know is planning to move to your cityThe importance of celebrities to young peopleThe problems of deforestation and how to solve them.Employers sometimes ask people applying for jobs for personal informationGetting information from many different news resources.encourage their children to take part in organized group activitiesStart learning a foreign language at primary school or at secondary?Save your money for some time in the futureNew Homes In Countrysidedifferent types of works during work hours