misleading; mistaken; deceptive; disappointing unsound; false
vernal
fallacious
gossamer
malicious

Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students

Pastimes by age - Table summerize | Dangerous sport
Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students #1 (permalink) Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:34 pm   Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students in the classroom.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Teachers tend to talk about different aspects of society and politics. Some people believe that teachers have this right to present their own sight about different aspects of society and diverse political events in the classroom while some others do not. I personally think that teachers should not allow that student become aware about their views about these issues due to the fact that social and political issues are always disputable and instead of presenting their own views, teachers should talk about different views. Moreover it may change students view about the teacher.

To begin, I think that political and social issues are always disputable because power and money may have related to these issues. For example, some people like to be reformists and some others tend to be conservative and each one likes to read newspapers which states their own party’s views. But these authorities always depict politicians views which try to get money and power in their hands. Therefore they may hide the truth when they talk about different social events and issues. So, people sometimes may not understand the truth behind these news and interviews and As a result, try to protect a view and this always starts dispute. I think that students should think about proven facts and should not enter to these political games.

Furthermore, stating their own sight by teachers in the class, may change students view about the teacher and some students think that their teacher is not a good person. For instance, some students may think different than their teacher about presidential election. So, if their teacher be a fan of another party, these students may think that their teacher is not an excellent teacher and this may have negative effects on their learning process.

To sum up I believe that teachers should talk just about scientific issues which have proven and are undisputable to mange their classes more efficiently.

TOEFL listening lectures: In October of which year did Vaudeville officially appear?
Mahdi

Location: IRAN

Re: Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students #2 (permalink) Tue Oct 24, 2017 14:29 pm   Re: Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students

Hi Mahdi, not too bad. I think your content is good in this one and addresses the prompt well. I think by changing the last sentence of your first body paragraph you can make your example ties in with the prompt a bit better. The main problem I see in this one is your repetition of words like "view". I realize your vocabulary may be a little limited,
but try to come up with at least one or two synonyms. I have given you some ideas below.

Mahdi wrote:

Teachers tend to talk about different aspects of society and politics [when giving their lectures]. Some people believe that teachers have th[e] right to present their own [insights] about different aspects of society and diverse political events in the classroom while some others do not. I personally think that teachers should not allow [their students to] become aware about [of] their views about these issues due to the fact that social and political issues are always disputable and instead of presenting their own [opinions] views, teachers should talk about different [viewpoints]. {to reduce repetition}Moreover it may change students['] view [attitude] about the teacher.

To begin, I think that political and social issues are always disputable because power and money may have [be] related to these [topics] issues. For example, some people like[are inclined] to be reformists and some others tend to be conservative and each one likes to read newspapers which states their own party’s views. But these authorities always depict politicians[' perspectives] views which try to get money and power in their hands. {this is a bit confusing - maybe "politicians' perspectives: politicians who are constantly trying to gain more money and power."} Therefore they may hide the truth when they talk about different social events and issues. So, people sometimes may not understand the truth [reality] behind these news [stories] and interviews and [as] a result, try to [defend a stance] protect a view and this always starts dispute. I think that students should [instead] think about proven facts and should not [be tempted to] enter to these political games [by teachers who share too many personal opinions]. {these additions seem to tie your example closer with the prompt}

Furthermore, stating [of] their own [vantage points] sight by teachers in the class, {better to say "teachers stating their own vantage points in the class may"} may change students['] view about the teacher and some students think [may come to the conclusion] {or "may think"} that their teacher is not a good person. For instance, some students may think [differently] than their teacher about [a ]presidential election. So, if their teacher be[is] a fan of another party, these students may [be of the opinion] think {or "may decide"} that their teacher is not an excellent teacher and this may have negative effects on their learning process.

To sum up[,] I believe that teachers should talk just about scientific issues which have [been] proven and are undisputable to [manage] their classes more efficiently.

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHave you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Re: Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students #3 (permalink) Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:17 am   Re: Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students

Hi Luschen
First I watched notfull videos and I applied its notes on my esssays. As you see I told stories when I wanted to give examples. I used this method in essays like :
working together or alnoe in the class
trying new things and taking risks
The importance of celebrities to young people
...
with this method I can write more words in 30 minutes but I think my words are basic.
Then I read "Barrons writing for the toefl" and I wrote this one which as you sais content is better and adreesed the prompt.

which one do you think can get better score on toefl?
I am going to take a toefl exam and I need to get 21.
Mahdi

Location: IRAN

Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students #4 (permalink) Wed Oct 25, 2017 14:22 pm   Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students

Hi Mahdi, I think I liked this one because it addressed the prompt more directly and specifically than some of your other essays. I don't think that really has to do with the format necessarily - you can use more storylike and detailed examples while still answering exactly what the prompt is asking. Maybe it is easier for you to write about an abstract, generalized example, or maybe this particular topic was easier for you? Personally, I think a longer essay like your other ones would score higher. I don't think your other essays used more basic words than this one. If you use the detailed story type examples, I think it is a lot easier to avoid repetition. Instead of writing about general "views", you would write about how the students in your class supported different candidates and it led to a lot of arguments and even some broken friendships outside of class. Still, it would have been even worse if the teacher had talked during class about what political party she supports because then the fights would have escalated and the classroom would not longer have been a somewhat peaceful refuge. See, in this case I didn't really have to come up with synonyms for "views" because I was talking about the specific events, which I think makes it easier to avoid repeating the same words. I am sure both the Notefull and Barrons formats are valid, there is no one best template I think, it depends on what you feel most comfortable with and best suits your writing style. Personally, I think you could score higher with your Notefull method as long as you make sure to stick to the topic, because you will have a longer essay with less repetition.

Roads and highways or public transportation systemsRestaurants or home-cooked meals?big cities or small towns ?The behaviour of the childrenOver packed foodHow do movies or television influence people’s behavior?knowledge gained from experience or knowledge gained from books?People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doingNumber of cars in the futureThe dislike and like from a person you know is planning to move to your cityThe importance of celebrities to young peopleThe problems of deforestation and how to solve them.Employers sometimes ask people applying for jobs for personal information