to draw out; to extract from
abet
rue
peruse
elicit

Number of cars in the future

Dangerous sport | People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing
Number of cars in the future #1 (permalink) Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:09 am   Number of cars in the future

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

In twenty years there will be fewer cars in use than there are today.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

As cities in different countries develop , technological improvement affect them more and more and one of these effects are the number f cars which are growing. In my opinion we will have cities with more cars in the future. I feel this way for two reasons which I will explore in the following essay.
First of all, the number of cars is increased in all countries and cities during more than a century and it never has decreased and I personally believe that this process will continue. My own experience demonstrates the concept. When I was eighteen years old I moved to Tabriz due to fact that I was accepted in a university in Tabriz. I did not have a car therefore I took bus and taxi to go to university every day. There was traffic problem those days but It was not as heavy as now. It will take about 30 minutes that I drive from home to university Because streets are so busy and the number of cars are increased. So , I think that this process continue in the future.
Secondly, nowadays almost all families have a car and some of them have even more than one. In fact every one expects to have a car because many people may feel that it would be easy for them to drive their car to the work. In the other hand, while our population is growing, how can we expect that the number of cars decrease? For instance, I have five siblings and I am the youngest one. All of them got married before me but non of them have a car when they got married. However, all of my brothers and sisters have bought a car. As you can see, we would have had less cars in our cities if people were adjusted their expectations.
To sum up, I challenge this opinion that we have cities with fewer cars because of reasons which I mentioned in the essay.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the lecturer mention Charles Darwin?
Mahdi

Location: IRAN

Re: Number of cars in the future #2 (permalink) Tue Oct 31, 2017 15:23 pm   Re: Number of cars in the future

Personally, I think it is better to mention the reasons in your thesis and again in your conclusion, though I admit some might think otherwise. This one seemed a little bit wordy in places. Length is good, but only if the length is a result of extra content,
so try to be more concise. The timing in your Tabriz example is a little unclear.
How long ago did you first move to Tabriz? And it seemed abrupt when you started talking about bus and taxi and now all of the sudden you have a car. Your writing is understandable, but you do have some errors in tense and some other usage mistakes.

Mahdi wrote:

As cities in different countries develop , technological improvement [affects] them more and more and one of these effects [is] the number [of] cars[,] which are growing.{better to say "the growing number of cars"} In my opinion[,] we will have cities with more cars in the future. I feel this way for two reasons[,] which I will explore in the following essay.
First of all, the number of cars [has] increased in all countries and cities [over] more than a century and it never has decreased[, Thus,] I personally believe that this process will continue. My own experience demonstrates the concept. When I was eighteen years[,] old I moved to Tabriz due to fact that I was accepted in a university in Tabriz. {"moved to Tabriz to attend university" sounds much better and more concise} I did not have a car[,] therefore I took bus and taxi to go to university every day. There was traffic problem those days but [it] was not as heavy as now. [These days,] It [takes] about 30 minutes that I [to] drive {or "minutes for me to drive from ..."} from home to university[, b]ecause [the] streets are so busy and the number of cars [has] increased. So , I think that this process [will] continue in the future.
Secondly, nowadays almost all families have a car and some of them have even more than one. In fact [everyone] expects to have a car because many people may feel that it would be easy for them to drive their car to the work. [On] the other hand, {this is not really a contrast situation, better to use a transition like "furthermore" here} while our population is growing, how can we expect that the number of cars [will] decrease? For instance, I have five siblings and I am the youngest one. All of them got married before me but [none] of them [had] a car when they got married. However, all of my brothers and sisters have [now] bought a car. As you can see, we would have had less cars in our cities if people were adjusted their expectations.
To sum up, I challenge this opinion that we [will] have cities with fewer cars because of reasons which I mentioned in the essay.

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What are the pros and cons of using public transportation?Teenagers who have jobsRoads and highways or public transportation systemsRestaurants or home-cooked meals?big cities or small towns ?The behaviour of the childrenOver packed foodHow do movies or television influence people’s behavior?knowledge gained from experience or knowledge gained from books?Teachers should not make their social or political views known to studentsPastimes by age - Table summerizeThe dislike and like from a person you know is planning to move to your cityThe importance of celebrities to young people