including a lot; large in scope; extensive
changeable
durable
comprehensive
unlimited

Another shot article-wise?

Party arid government bodies | as much ... as
Another shot article-wise? #1 (permalink) Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:49 am   Another shot article-wise?

In another thread, Eugene uses the phrase another shot article-wise and I'm trying to wrap my head around it. What exactly does it mean? Interestingly enough, when I google the combination 'article-wise' nothing doesn't seem to be showing up.

TOEIC listening, talks: Transportation announcement

Another shot article-wise? #2 (permalink) Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:16 am   Another shot article-wise?

Will you let me explain.
That was just “a suffixal use of wise in adverbs denoting manner, position, direction, reference, etc.: clockwise; edgewise; marketwise; timewise.”
I think it was given a fair share of elaboration in: https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/6713/when-is-it-correct-to-use-the-wise-suffix
Personally, I like this one: “Offtopic: The excessive use of -wise is parodied in the 1960 classic film [ The Apartment ](imdb.com/title/tt0053604/quotes): "That's the way it crumbles, cookie-wise", "Premium-wise and billing-wise, we are eighteen percent ahead of last year, October-wise", etc” ;-)

As to the whole phrase, if I was asked to ‘interpret’ it, to me it would be: Another attempt (keeping in mind my first one) with reference to articles.
Eugene2114

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Another shot article-wise? #3 (permalink) Sat Nov 11, 2017 15:17 pm   Another shot article-wise?

Got it. That was the way I understood the phrase but wasn't sure. Thanks for the clarification.

TOEIC listening, talks: Speaker introduction

speculative voiceWer bimst am Laberfon?Rent a car -- Rentnerauto ;-)approach smb. on the subjectpassive transformationDun, dun, duuuun?And the truth be toldknow the ropes of Tanzania?A self-beliefOBE?Ordinals with an indefinite articleI had her make some coffeehas or have