to reduce the size of; to make smaller; to cut the number of employees
ferry
impress
downsize
destroy

know the ropes of Tanzania?

as much ... as | Why tetter is described as shell-like?
know the ropes of Tanzania? #1 (permalink) Sat Nov 11, 2017 18:14 pm   know the ropes of Tanzania?

Hi, can you use the idiom 'to know the ropes' as shown in the following phrase?

Travel with the guidance of qualified professionals who know the ropes of Tanzania....

TOEIC listening, talks: Returning a phone call

know the ropes of Tanzania? #2 (permalink) Sat Nov 11, 2017 18:59 pm   know the ropes of Tanzania?

Relying on the examples: ‘I have been to Thailand a few times, so I know the ropes, or at least I think I do.’ ‘One of the most efficient and safest ways to see the most sights in the least amount of time is with a tour guide who knows the ropes.’ ‘He had traveled a lot overseas on business and kind of knew the ropes… but we were too tired to care.’ https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/know_the_ropes
and: 'He has been working here for 30 years and knows the ropes to getting anything done.', 'He knows the ropes of the circus since he has been here his entire life.' http://www.theidioms.com/know-the-ropes/,
I would say it wouldn’t be the most elegant way of getting your ideas across but you’ll be understood.

To me it's close to 'to know ins and outs."
Eugene2114

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
two questionsof/ for please help me.speculative voiceWer bimst am Laberfon?Rent a car -- Rentnerauto ;-)approach smb. on the subjectpassive transformationDun, dun, duuuun?And the truth be toldAnother shot article-wise?A self-beliefOBE?Ordinals with an indefinite article