public; large group of people; gathering
ambivalence
passport
origin
crowd

every day in the year

it or not and others please help me. | please welcome back
every day in the year #1 (permalink) Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:15 am   every day in the year

People think of the United States as a rich and plentiful nation. It is, but it is not self-sufficient. Its reliance on foreign sources is made clear every day in the year. (Taiwan Senior High School English Composition Textbook, Volume I, page 17)
Is the expression "every day in the year" acceptable to native speakers?
_________________
Thank you very much for your reply.
Sitifan

Location: Taiwan

every day in the year #2 (permalink) Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:29 pm   every day in the year

Not an English native speaker, I would use ‘of the year’. The original sounds to me close to its literal meaning (during the period of\covering each day of the year); while ‘of the year’ could be read as all-pervading, perceptible in every sphere of life.
Eugene2114

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
every day in the year #3 (permalink) Tue Nov 14, 2017 14:21 pm   every day in the year

As a native English speaker, I agree that "of the year" sounds more natural here.

every day in the year #4 (permalink) Tue Nov 14, 2017 15:20 pm   every day in the year

By the way, do you see any difference: a native English speaker\an English native speaker\a native speaker of English (have come across all three)?
Eugene2114

every day in the year #5 (permalink) Wed Nov 15, 2017 14:31 pm   every day in the year

While the other two mean the same, 'an English native speaker', to me, appears to be a native speaker of England.
_________________
Anglophile
I know only one thing - that is that I know nothing.
Anglophile

every day in the year #6 (permalink) Wed Nov 15, 2017 15:15 pm   every day in the year

Well, if you follow the link: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/native , you’ll find a Spanish native speaker; a native speaker of Spanish; an English native speaker and a native speaker of English; a French…
Eugene2114

every day in the year #7 (permalink) Wed Nov 15, 2017 17:59 pm   every day in the year

I'd rather like Eugene to think of it in terms of his own logic and reason than make a reference which may not always be as reliable.
_________________
Anglophile
Anglophile

Is this an optometrist or an optician?bringing or brings?The biggest mistake you can ever make is believing you never make one...etymology of the word 'facebook'?Human spirit is alive and well....chocolate vs. chocolatesWhat is this job called in English? - Fachangestellter f. Medien- und InformationI am not a fool to trust him...has always loved chocolate vs. has always been loving chocolatetwo questionsof/ for please help me.speculative voiceforgetful smile