rectangular traveling bag; valise
suitcase
appointment
formula
ignorance

Is this an optometrist or an optician?

bringing or brings? | etymology of the word 'facebook'?
Is this an optometrist or an optician? #1 (permalink) Sat Nov 18, 2017 15:42 pm   Is this an optometrist or an optician?

It seems to me that this guy is confusing the terms 'optometrist' and 'optician', do you agree? As far as I can see, he is an optician but not a doctor. What do you think?

TOEIC listening, talks: Promoting the services of a passenger traffic company

Is this an optometrist or an optician? #2 (permalink) Sat Nov 18, 2017 18:20 pm   Is this an optometrist or an optician?

The doctor is the ophthalmologist. An optometrist checks your eyes and figures out what prescription glasses you need, but cannot do surgery or prescribe medications. An optician is the person who provides and fits the glasses or contacts, but does not give eye examinations.

https://aapos.org/terms/conditions/132

Well, according to this, optometrists can prescribe some medications, but I think there are certain drugs that they are not allowed to prescribe.

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Is this an optometrist or an optician? #3 (permalink) Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:09 am   Is this an optometrist or an optician?

Very interesting. So, we have three terms here: 1) the ophthalmologist, who is the doctor 2) the optometrist who has an office where he checks your eyes 3) the optician who usually doesn't have any direct contact with a client.

TOEIC listening, talks: Announcing flight changes at an airport

welcome alongThought groups question - Nov 22, 2017Thought groups question - Nov 22, 2017Are these sentences natural to a native ear? Nov 22, 2017to do for others?Thought groups question - Nov 20, 2017proper name vs. proper nounThe biggest mistake you can ever make is believing you never make one...Human spirit is alive and well....chocolate vs. chocolatesHow British is bespoke?What is this job called in English? - Fachangestellter f. Medien- und InformationI am not a fool to trust him...