briefcase; attache case; list of securities and stocks
solace
serve
portfolio
refusal

to do for others?

Dividing sentence in thought groups | How British is bespoke?
to do for others? #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 20, 2017 19:58 pm   to do for others?

In the sentence below, there is the phrasal verb 'to do for others'. Does it mean 'to help other people'? I mean, is it a set phrase, just 'to do for others' without any additional words such as 'good things' or 'deeds'? Many thanks, Torsten

What then, should one do when he feels the inner eager desire to do for others, regardless of what the outcome or personal self-injury may be?

TOEIC listening, talks: A voice mail message from an attorney

to do for others? #2 (permalink) Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:06 am   to do for others?

This seems to be sounding in line with "Always do for other people everything you want them to do for you...” What “personal self-injury” has in common with it could become clear from the wider context. If read figuratively, it could mean one is in two minds whether it’s worth helping others when one can get adverse response.
Eugene2114

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
meaning of the sentence partUse of the definite article with the name of bridgeswelcome alongThought groups question - Nov 22, 2017Thought groups question - Nov 22, 2017Are these sentences natural to a native ear? Nov 22, 2017kicked startedThought groups question - Nov 20, 2017proper name vs. proper nounIs this an optometrist or an optician?bringing or brings?The biggest mistake you can ever make is believing you never make one...etymology of the word 'facebook'?