Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

ball; sphere; planet Earth; world
globe
admission
glove
estate
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Are these sentences natural to a native ear? Nov 22, 2017

ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
proper name vs. proper noun | Thought groups question - Nov 22, 2017
listening exercises
Are these sentences natural to a native ear?  Nov 22, 2017 #1 (permalink) Wed Nov 22, 2017 17:35 pm   Are these sentences natural to a native ear? Nov 22, 2017

Hi,

Are the following sentences natural to a native ear?

1. The electronic platform operated by this company is called a Global Distribution System (GDS).

2. The company provides software systems to manage reservations, customer service and operations, to businesses in the travel industry.

3. Please there not be any typos in the email!

Thanks.
Musicgold
I'm here quite often ;-)

Re: Are these sentences natural to a native ear?  Nov 22, 2017 #2 (permalink) Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:31 am   Re: Are these sentences natural to a native ear? Nov 22, 2017

Hi, as a native speaker, these are my thoughts:

Musicgold wrote:
Hi,

Are the following sentences natural to a native ear?

1. The electronic platform operated by this company is called a Global Distribution System (GDS).

sounds good

2. The company provides software systems to manage reservations, customer service and operations, to businesses in the travel industry. {I would put an Oxford comma after "service" and delete the comma after "operations"

3. Please [let] there not be any typos in the email!

Thanks.
Luschen
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
proper name vs. proper noun | Thought groups question - Nov 22, 2017
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Please check the sentences. right or wrong?Meaning of the sentencecoupon busterConditionala special group of teacher-friendsmeaning of the sentence partUse of the definite article with the name of bridgeswelcome alongThought groups question - Nov 22, 2017kicked startedto do for others?Thought groups question - Nov 20, 2017Is this an optometrist or an optician?