Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

well; not sick; fit; sound
healthy
comprehensive
elementary
imaginary
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Thought groups question - Nov 22, 2017

ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Are these sentences natural to a native ear? Nov 22, 2017 | welcome along
listening exercises
Thought groups question - Nov 22, 2017 #1 (permalink) Wed Nov 22, 2017 20:22 pm   Thought groups question - Nov 22, 2017

Hi,

Am I dividing the following sentences in acceptable thought groups? The slash mark (/) indicates a momentary pause taken by native speakers.

1. There is / an apparently inexorable trend toward making/ intellectual property rights even longer and broader.

2. ...but the fax machine is now close to / being a museum piece.

3. Inflation statistics tells us that / $70K today is worth much less/ than $70K in 1900.

Thanks.
Musicgold
I'm here quite often ;-)

Thought groups question - Nov 22, 2017 #2 (permalink) Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:35 am   Thought groups question - Nov 22, 2017

These all sound correct to me.
Luschen
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Are these sentences natural to a native ear? Nov 22, 2017 | welcome along
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Flair vs FlarePlease check the sentences. right or wrong?Meaning of the sentencecoupon busterConditionala special group of teacher-friendsmeaning of the sentence partUse of the definite article with the name of bridgesThought groups question - Nov 22, 2017kicked startedto do for others?Thought groups question - Nov 20, 2017proper name vs. proper noun