Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

mark; symbol; indication; hint; trace; notice; advertisement
part
candidate
sign
messenger
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

a special group of teacher-friends

ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Conditional | coupon buster
listening exercises
a special group of teacher-friends #1 (permalink) Sun Nov 26, 2017 18:54 pm   a special group of teacher-friends

Hello everyone,

"This is my seventh and, who knows, maybe my last book. Since I published From Beirut to Jerusalem in 1989, I have been extremely lucky to have had a special group of teacher-friends who have been with me on this journey, many starting with that first book and others on virtually every one since."

Does "a special group of teacher-friends" simply mean a group of friends who were teachers?

Thank you.
Klpno
I'm here quite often ;-)

a special group of teacher-friends #2 (permalink) Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:34 am   a special group of teacher-friends

Yes, though it may also be a group of teachers who were also friends. "Friend-teachers" would sound very odd, so the same term would apply to either case. It sounds like the author has been out of school awhile though, so I think your interpretation is more likely correct.
Luschen
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
a special group of teacher-friends #3 (permalink) Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:35 pm   a special group of teacher-friends

Thank you, Luschen.
Klpno
I'm here quite often ;-)

Conditional | coupon buster
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
car number vs. number plate?the reason for "the" in "the east"origin of the term "wakeboard"Is it ok to call a gun withering?Flair vs FlarePlease check the sentences. right or wrong?Meaning of the sentencemeaning of the sentence partUse of the definite article with the name of bridges...order that the court is/be to do...welcome alongThought groups question - Nov 22, 2017Thought groups question - Nov 22, 2017