comprehensive; complete; finished
independent
minute
thorough
outdoor

car number vs. number plate?

...order that the court is/be to do... | global banking and finance review
car number vs. number plate? #1 (permalink) Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:43 am   car number vs. number plate?

Hi, in an LCCI exam paper I came across the term 'car number'. So, is 'car number' the British version of the American 'number plate' or are both terms used in both countries? Many thanks

TOEIC listening, talks: A baseball player talks about his career prospects

car number vs. number plate? #2 (permalink) Fri Dec 01, 2017 16:10 pm   car number vs. number plate?

Hi Torsten,

I would certainly say you needed 'car number plate' because 'car number' could simply mean the number written on a car taking part for example in a race.

_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
car number vs. number plate? #3 (permalink) Fri Dec 01, 2017 18:30 pm   car number vs. number plate?

Hi Alan, I did find the term strange but it does occur twice in a past LCCI exam. Maybe, it refers to an internal number system maintained by a company?

TOEIC listening, talks: Business executives discuss their company's online advertising revenues

car number vs. number plate? #4 (permalink) Fri Dec 01, 2017 20:17 pm   car number vs. number plate?

In the U.S. it is only called "license plate". I cannot think of any other term that is used here.

are to repairAre the following sentences natural to a native ear? 2017 Nov 04saving gracehair growth vs. growth of hairsuccessthe reason for "the" in "the east"origin of the term "wakeboard"Is it ok to call a gun withering?Flair vs FlarePlease check the sentences. right or wrong?Meaning of the sentencecoupon bustera special group of teacher-friends