Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

honestly; genuinely; earnestly; faithfully
slantwise
sincerely
however
solely
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

global banking and finance review

ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
car number vs. number plate? | success
listening exercises
global banking and finance review #1 (permalink) Fri Dec 01, 2017 18:49 pm   global banking and finance review

Hi,

I have come across the name ‘Global Banking & Finance Review’. Please could you explain if the name has the meaning of review on global banking & finance or preposition ‘and’ connects two different concepts?

global banking and finance review #2 (permalink) Fri Dec 01, 2017 20:14 pm   global banking and finance review

The ampersand represents the conjunction 'and' (so and is not a preposition). Using the ampersand means that global banking on one hand and finance review on the other are two different concepts.

TOEIC listening, talks: A city council announces school closures
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
global banking and finance review #3 (permalink) Fri Dec 01, 2017 20:20 pm   global banking and finance review

I agree with Irene that there is some ambiguity. I assume this is a magazine or journal. I would read the title to mean "A Review of Global Banking and Global Finance."
Luschen
I'm a Communicator ;-)

global banking and finance review #4 (permalink) Sat Dec 02, 2017 17:28 pm   global banking and finance review

Thank you!

car number vs. number plate? | success
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
are to repairAre the following sentences natural to a native ear? 2017 Nov 04saving gracehair growth vs. growth of hairthe reason for "the" in "the east"origin of the term "wakeboard"Is it ok to call a gun withering?Flair vs FlarePlease check the sentences. right or wrong?Meaning of the sentencecoupon buster...order that the court is/be to do...attempt to do/doing