way; route; course; section; piece
pair
standpoint
capex
passage

Are the following sentences natural to a native ear? 2017 Nov 04

are to repair | Fiasco vs failure
Are the following sentences natural to a native ear?  2017 Nov 04 #1 (permalink) Mon Dec 04, 2017 18:22 pm   Are the following sentences natural to a native ear? 2017 Nov 04

Are the following sentences natural to a native ear? ( I need to use them in an email.)
If not, is there a better alternative to that effect?

1. I was wondering if it would be possible for you to pull a few strings and get me an interview?

2. Would it be possible for you to talk to someone there to get me an interview?

Musicgold

Are the following sentences natural to a native ear?  2017 Nov 04 #2 (permalink) Mon Dec 04, 2017 22:22 pm   Are the following sentences natural to a native ear? 2017 Nov 04

They both sound good to me.

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Are the following sentences natural to a native ear?  2017 Nov 04 #3 (permalink) Mon Dec 04, 2017 22:45 pm   Are the following sentences natural to a native ear? 2017 Nov 04

Are both of them equally formal?
Musicgold

Are the following sentences natural to a native ear?  2017 Nov 04 #4 (permalink) Tue Dec 05, 2017 18:43 pm   Are the following sentences natural to a native ear? 2017 Nov 04

Musicgold wrote:

Are both of them equally formal?

I think they are both equally formal, though maybe "pull a few strings" implies going outside of the official policy or chain of command.

Are the following sentences natural to a native ear?  2017 Nov 04 #5 (permalink) Tue Dec 05, 2017 20:03 pm   Are the following sentences natural to a native ear? 2017 Nov 04

Thanks Luschen.
Musicgold

are to repair | Fiasco vs failure
saving gracehair growth vs. growth of hairglobal banking and finance reviewcar number vs. number plate?successthe reason for "the" in "the east"origin of the term "wakeboard"...order that the court is/be to do...attempt to do/doingMeaning of "Up a hundred and fifty grand"meaning of 'turn of the century house'Hold against her?Hard come to come by?