Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

way; route; course; section; piece
pair
standpoint
capex
passage
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Are the following sentences natural to a native ear? 2017 Nov 04

ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
are to repair | Fiasco vs failure
listening exercises
Are the following sentences natural to a native ear?  2017 Nov 04 #1 (permalink) Mon Dec 04, 2017 18:22 pm   Are the following sentences natural to a native ear? 2017 Nov 04

Hi,

Are the following sentences natural to a native ear? ( I need to use them in an email.)
If not, is there a better alternative to that effect?

1. I was wondering if it would be possible for you to pull a few strings and get me an interview?

2. Would it be possible for you to talk to someone there to get me an interview?

Thanks.
Musicgold
I'm here quite often ;-)

Are the following sentences natural to a native ear?  2017 Nov 04 #2 (permalink) Mon Dec 04, 2017 22:22 pm   Are the following sentences natural to a native ear? 2017 Nov 04

They both sound good to me.
Luschen
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Are the following sentences natural to a native ear?  2017 Nov 04 #3 (permalink) Mon Dec 04, 2017 22:45 pm   Are the following sentences natural to a native ear? 2017 Nov 04

Thanks.

Are both of them equally formal?
Musicgold
I'm here quite often ;-)

Are the following sentences natural to a native ear?  2017 Nov 04 #4 (permalink) Tue Dec 05, 2017 18:43 pm   Are the following sentences natural to a native ear? 2017 Nov 04

Musicgold wrote:
Thanks.

Are both of them equally formal?

I think they are both equally formal, though maybe "pull a few strings" implies going outside of the official policy or chain of command.
Luschen
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Are the following sentences natural to a native ear?  2017 Nov 04 #5 (permalink) Tue Dec 05, 2017 20:03 pm   Are the following sentences natural to a native ear? 2017 Nov 04

Thanks Luschen.
Musicgold
I'm here quite often ;-)

are to repair | Fiasco vs failure
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
saving gracehair growth vs. growth of hairglobal banking and finance reviewcar number vs. number plate?successthe reason for "the" in "the east"origin of the term "wakeboard"...order that the court is/be to do...attempt to do/doingMeaning of "Up a hundred and fifty grand"meaning of 'turn of the century house'Hold against her?Hard come to come by?