to imagine to oneself; to picture; to visualize
mollify
envision
pay
concur

The auxiliary verb "have" and the past (-ed) participle

It happened yesterday didn't it? | Why 'reaction' isn't suitable here? What's "structural value"?
The auxiliary verb "have" and the past (-ed) participle #1 (permalink) Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:50 am   The auxiliary verb "have" and the past (-ed) participle

English Grammar Error, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #17 "Christmas is coming", question 5

A: Oh I follow you. You mean if you haven't behaving yourself well, you don't get any presents.

(a) I follow
(b) haven't behaving
(c) any

ESL/EFL Test #17 "Christmas is coming", answer 5

A: Oh I follow you. You mean if you haven't been behaving yourself well, you don't get any presents.

Correct entry: haven't been behaving
The error was: (b) haven't behaving
_________________________

Why is this correct?

Leon
Leon

The auxiliary verb "have" and the past (-ed) participle #2 (permalink) Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:48 am   The auxiliary verb "have" and the past (-ed) participle

.
The perfect aspects are formed with the auxiliary verb have and the past (-ed) participle: Haven't been behaving; haven't behaved.

(X) Haven't behaving is an incorrect verb formation using have and the present participle.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of headwayReliable vs. patientMeaning of "Make up"Idiom: 'to push your luck'The usual adverb (noun) for 'the night of the present day'Idiom: 'let your hair down'Comma after "late": She's always late, isn't she?Shall vs. shouldIdiom: "to call it a day"Idiom: to see eye to eyeIdiom: lose your headIdiom: I've now lost the threadMeaning of incidentally