major; chief; select; of the highest quality; excellent
pocket
prime
eager
periodical

Difference between 'target costing' and 'standard costing'

Business class vs. business park | Many kinds of jobs VERSUS many forms of jobs
Difference between 'target costing' and 'standard costing' #1 (permalink) Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:46 am   Difference between 'target costing' and 'standard costing'

ESL/EFL Test #219 "Price-based or Target Costing", question 2

Product selling price is ......... by the marketplace and is determined by analysis along the entire industry value chain and across all functions in a firm.

(a) constrained
(b) contained
(c) restrained
(d) retained

ESL/EFL Test #219 "Price-based or Target Costing", answer 2

Product selling price is constrained by the marketplace and is determined by analysis along the entire industry value chain and across all functions in a firm.

Correct answer: (a) constrained
_________________________

Difference between target costing & standard costing?

Yenen
Yenen

Difference between 'target costing' and 'standard costing' #2 (permalink) Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:32 am   Difference between 'target costing' and 'standard costing'

.
Standard costing is used mainly in mass production as a tool for control. Costs for standard parts are established by work study or experience, actual costs then being checked against the standard costs. (MoneyGlossary.com)

Target costing is a reversed cost accounting technique. Instead of calculating costs first and then setting the price based on these calculated costs, target costing does it the other way around. Target costing is convenient for firms operating in perfect competition. The steps in target costing are as follows: 1. Determine the price consumer is willing to pay for the product, say $Z. This may be arrived at after conducting a market research; 2. Determine the profit margin the business is willing to accept, say X% of Z; 3. On subtracting the above two, i.e., $Z minus (X% of Z), Target cost is determined. (Wikipedia)
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Differences among conduct, control and manageMeaning of "a devil of a time"Meaning of ramblingAn account at the bank VERSUS an account with a bankWould it be allright if the 'whatever the times' were 'at any time'?Could "a bit thick" go as far as more than I could stand?Idiom: As thick as two short planksWhy not the "start of something bad"?Why we have to use "which" in this sentence?Meaning of headwayReliable vs. patientMeaning of "Make up"Idiom: 'to push your luck'