nominal; symbolic; perfunctory
token
international
underway
liberal

Would it be allright if the 'whatever the times' were 'at any time'?

Why we have to use "which" in this sentence? | Could "a bit thick" go as far as more than I could stand?
Would it be allright if the 'whatever the times' were 'at any time'? #1 (permalink) Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:40 am   Would it be allright if the 'whatever the times' were 'at any time'?

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #15 "Teaching your Family to Drive", question 10

There are certain members in the party who will stand by their leader through thick and thin.

(a) whatever the times
(b) whatever the climate
(c) whatever the day
(d) whatever the difficulties

ESL/EFL Test #15 "Teaching your Family to Drive", answer 10

There are certain members in the party who will stand by their leader whatever the difficulties.

Correct answer: (d) whatever the difficulties

There are certain members in the party who will stand by their leader whatever the times.
_________________________

Now I realized the error I made. Just out of curiosity, would it be alright if the 'whatever the times' were 'at any time'?

haihao
Haihao

Location: Japan

Would it be allright if the 'whatever the times' were 'at any time'? #2 (permalink) Fri Nov 24, 2006 13:44 pm   Would it be allright if the 'whatever the times' were 'at any time'?

.
Yes, I think that would work.
.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of antonymDoes the word "finish" refer to a future action?Differences among conduct, control and manageMeaning of murmurMeaning of "a devil of a time"Meaning of ramblingAn account at the bank VERSUS an account with a bankIdiom: As thick as two short planksWhy not the "start of something bad"?Difference between 'target costing' and 'standard costing'Meaning of headwayReliable vs. patientMeaning of "Make up"