character; nature; trait; arrangement; placement
itinerary
deal
disposition
initial

An account at the bank VERSUS an account with a bank

Meaning of rambling | Meaning of "a devil of a time"
An account at the bank VERSUS an account with a bank #1 (permalink) Fri Nov 24, 2006 22:37 pm   An account at the bank VERSUS an account with a bank

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #11 "Accounts", question 4

Once you are earning money and you want to keep it safe, you can always ......... an account with a bank.

(a) open
(b) start
(c) begin
(d) commence

ESL/EFL Test #11 "Accounts", answer 4

Once you are earning money and you want to keep it safe, you can always open an account with a bank.

Correct answer: (a) open

_________________________

why is the preposition "with" in the phrase open an account with a bank? could it also be open an account at the bank?

flower
flowers

An account at the bank VERSUS an account with a bank #2 (permalink) Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:14 pm   An account at the bank VERSUS an account with a bank

Hi flowers

In this case, you can use either prepostion (with or at) to say the same thing.

_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Regulator vs. adminstrator'sleep like a top' versus 'dead sleep'Expressions with do and makeMeaning of antonymDoes the word "finish" refer to a future action?Differences among conduct, control and manageMeaning of murmurIs this a grammar test or a vocabulary test?Would it be allright if the 'whatever the times' were 'at any time'?Could "a bit thick" go as far as more than I could stand?Idiom: As thick as two short planksWhy not the "start of something bad"?Why we have to use "which" in this sentence?