to copy files from a distant computer onto another computer through an Internet connection
limit
download
load
continue

Meaning of rambling

Why not the "start of something bad"? | An account at the bank VERSUS an account with a bank
Meaning of rambling #1 (permalink) Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:33 am   Meaning of rambling

Synonym Search, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #109 "Synonyms for walk and go", question 9

Although it was dark, I think I saw her. She was ......... about the large hall.

(a) rambling
(b) ranging
(c) stalking
(d) tottering

Synonym Search, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #109 "Synonyms for walk and go", answer 9

Although it was dark, I think I saw her. She was rambling about the large hall.

Correct answer: (a) rambling

Although it was dark, I think I saw her. She was stalking about the large hall.
_________________________

meaning of rambling?

Petryxa
Petryxa

Rambling #2 (permalink) Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:20 am   Rambling

Rambling is walking about freely for pleasure, wandering, roving. 'Rambling' is also used to mean 'walking in the country'.

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
'sleep like a top' versus 'dead sleep'Expressions with do and makeMeaning of antonymDoes the word "finish" refer to a future action?Differences among conduct, control and manageMeaning of murmurMeaning of "a devil of a time"Is this a grammar test or a vocabulary test?Would it be allright if the 'whatever the times' were 'at any time'?Could "a bit thick" go as far as more than I could stand?Idiom: As thick as two short planksWhy we have to use "which" in this sentence?Difference between 'target costing' and 'standard costing'