structure built mainly of glass in which plants are cultivated out of season
news
greenhouse
tradition
pass

Meaning of murmur

Differences among conduct, control and manage | Does the word "finish" refer to a future action?
Meaning of murmur #1 (permalink) Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:00 am   Meaning of murmur

Synonyms Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #124 "Synonyms for speak and shout", question 5

We had to ......... at each other at the party last night because the music was so loud it wasn't possible to have a normal conversation.

(a) speak
(b) murmur
(c) shout
(d) mutter

Synonyms Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #124 "Synonyms for speak and shout", answer 5

We had to shout at each other at the party last night because the music was so loud it wasn't possible to have a normal conversation.

Correct answer: (c) shout
_________________________

what is the meaning of murmur?

Ivancho
Ivancho

Murmur #2 (permalink) Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:59 am   Murmur

Murmur is an antonym of shout. To murmur is to speak or complain in a low voice. A murmur is a low whisper of voices or a low sound: a murmur of approval; the murmur of flies.

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Is it right "The FRS lends ..., and known as the ... crises"?Meaning of 'start-up capital'Regulator vs. adminstratorCould down be used as a transitive verb?'sleep like a top' versus 'dead sleep'Expressions with do and makeMeaning of antonymMeaning of "a devil of a time"Meaning of ramblingIs this a grammar test or a vocabulary test?An account at the bank VERSUS an account with a bankWould it be allright if the 'whatever the times' were 'at any time'?Could "a bit thick" go as far as more than I could stand?