satisfied; pleased
outbound
executive
content
total

Regulator vs. adminstrator

Meaning of "down in the dumps" | Is it right "The FRS lends ..., and known as the ... crises"?
Regulator vs. adminstrator #1 (permalink) Tue Nov 28, 2006 13:25 pm   Regulator vs. adminstrator

ESL/EFL Test #161 "Start Your Own Bank", question 4

This agency is the bank's primary ........., with the duty to protect the public from questionable banking practices.

(a) administrator
(b) moderator
(c) originator
(d) regulator

ESL/EFL Test #161 "Start Your Own Bank", answer 4

This agency is the bank's primary regulator, with the duty to protect the public from questionable banking practices.

Correct answer: (d) regulator

This agency is the bank's primary administrator, with the duty to protect the public from questionable banking practices.
_________________________

I think these two words "administrator " and "regulator" have similar meanings . Why use "regulator" rather than "administrator"?? Thanks.
FangFang

Regulator vs. adminstrator #2 (permalink) Tue Nov 28, 2006 14:32 pm   Regulator vs. adminstrator

.
Not at all here-- administrators work for the company and organize, supervise, etc; regulators are outside authorities.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Verb "delay" cannot be followed by a 'to infinitive'Meaning of expression: 'to learn by heart'Is there any story or conversation for those questions?Meaning of 'I love you deeply'Meaning of "sort of a knee jerk"Expression: below stairsMeaning of 'start-up capital'Could down be used as a transitive verb?'sleep like a top' versus 'dead sleep'Expressions with do and makeMeaning of antonymDoes the word "finish" refer to a future action?Differences among conduct, control and manage