entrance; permission to enter; confession
discretion
take
outlet
admission

Is it right "The FRS lends ..., and known as the ... crises"?

Regulator vs. adminstrator | Meaning of 'start-up capital'
Is it right "The FRS lends ..., and known as the ... crises"? #1 (permalink) Tue Nov 28, 2006 13:38 pm   Is it right "The FRS lends ..., and known as the ... crises"?

ESL/EFL Test #161 "Start Your Own Bank", question 8

The FRS lends money to banks at a discount rate to help meet their short-term cash requirements, and is known as the "lender of last ........." for banks suffering liquidity crises.

(a) chance
(b) legs
(c) request
(d) resort

ESL/EFL Test #161 "Start Your Own Bank", answer 8

The FRS lends money to banks at a discount rate to help meet their short-term cash requirements, and is known as the "lender of last resort" for banks suffering liquidity crises.

Correct answer: (d) resort
_________________________

I just wonder if it is right _____"The FRS lends......, and known as the ........crises." :)
FangFang

Is it right "The FRS lends ..., and known as the ... crises"? #2 (permalink) Tue Nov 28, 2006 14:30 pm   Is it right "The FRS lends ..., and known as the ... crises"?

.
Whatever was wrong, I think Slava or Torsten fixed it.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Is it right "The FRS lends ..., and known as the ... crises"? #3 (permalink) Tue Nov 28, 2006 14:34 pm   Is it right "The FRS lends ..., and known as the ... crises"?

Hi Charles, it's good to see that you respond that fast. Yes, Slava has made the changes and now we can discuss the lender of last resort, start-up capital and other interesting banking terms...

TOEIC listening, photographs: A man on a ladder

Meaning of pubVerb "delay" cannot be followed by a 'to infinitive'Meaning of expression: 'to learn by heart'Is there any story or conversation for those questions?Meaning of 'I love you deeply'Meaning of "sort of a knee jerk"Expression: below stairsCould down be used as a transitive verb?'sleep like a top' versus 'dead sleep'Expressions with do and makeMeaning of antonymDoes the word "finish" refer to a future action?Differences among conduct, control and manage