easement; alleviation; liberation; aid; assistance
official
executive
relief
argument

Is there any story or conversation for those questions?

Meaning of "sort of a knee jerk" | Autumn begins since March vs. Autumn begins in March
Is there any story or conversation for those questions? #1 (permalink) Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:52 am   Is there any story or conversation for those questions?

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #4 "How Mary fell in love", question 2

Mary was exactly the same as everybody else but this particular night she wanted to let her hair down.

(a) wash her hair
(b) comb her hair
(c) really enjoy herself
(d) really comb her hair

ESL/EFL Test #4 "How Mary fell in love", answer 2

Mary was exactly the same as everybody else but this particular night she wanted to really enjoy herself.

Correct answer: (c) really enjoy herself
_________________________

Ottis
Ottis

Is there any story or conversation for those questions? #2 (permalink) Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:58 am   Is there any story or conversation for those questions?

This particular test is in the form of a little story. As far as I know, there is no larger story that the sentences were drawn from. Maybe one day Alan will write one. :D

_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
There should be vs. there'sUse 'forgotten' + 'at home''got to know' versus 'learned to know'Meaning of pubVerb "delay" cannot be followed by a 'to infinitive'Run off with VERSUS run throughBreak up a marriage VERSUS break off a marriageMeaning of expression: 'to learn by heart'Meaning of 'I love you deeply'Expression: below stairsIs it right "The FRS lends ..., and known as the ... crises"?Meaning of 'start-up capital'Regulator vs. adminstrator