metal money; piece of stamped metal currency (as opposed to paper bills)
bias
coin
standard
remove

When do you use look, watch, see and gaze?

Phrasal verb: look | Halt vs. stop
When do you use look, watch, see and gaze? #1 (permalink) Mon Dec 04, 2006 15:38 pm   When do you use look, watch, see and gaze?

Synonyms Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #123 "Synonyms for see and watch", question 2

Some animals and birds find no difficulty moving at night as they have the ability to ......... in the dark.

(a) watch
(b) look
(c) view
(d) see

Synonyms Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #123 "Synonyms for see and watch", answer 2

Some animals and birds find no difficulty moving at night as they have the ability to see in the dark.

Correct answer: (d) see
_________________________

when do you use look, watch, see and gaze?

maura
maura

When do you use look, watch, see and gaze? #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 06, 2006 19:32 pm   When do you use look, watch, see and gaze?

To look (+ at) is to make efforts to see, to examine or to consider: look at your watch; look at the results; he wouldn't look at my plan.

To watch is to look at in the sense of 'to observe': I hardly ever watch television.

To see is to sense with your eyes: some animals can see in the dark.

To gaze is to look steadily for a long time: she was gazing out to sea.

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Phrasal verb: look | Halt vs. stop
The sky is very cloudy today vs. The sky is much cloudy todayWhat does bald mean?What does "accommodate" mean in this sentence?Difference between "depict" and "delineate"Hard is adjective and adverbPhrase: 'listen to spoken English'Can't we use work instead of job?Meaning of restriction, inhibition, prohibition and conditionPhrasal verb: to put up'their' instead 'her' because object of 'many people' is 'their'Passive voice construction: followed by MarchMeaning of 'fall through cracks'There should be vs. there's