to give in; to surrender; to yield; to present; to propose
gain
survive
submit
identify

'their' instead 'her' because object of 'many people' is 'their'

Meaning of 'fall through cracks' | Phrasal verb: to put up
'their' instead 'her' because object of 'many people' is 'their' #1 (permalink) Tue Dec 05, 2006 16:31 pm   'their' instead 'her' because object of 'many people' is 'their'

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #15 "The Months of the Year", question 10

In November the Christmas season begins and many people start doing her Christmas shopping. In the last month of the year -- December -- many people are usually very busy with various Christmas activities such as baking cakes and choosing Christmas gifts.

(a) her
(b) with
(c) such as

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #15 "The Months of the Year", answer 10

In November the Christmas season begins and many people start doing their Christmas shopping. In the last month of the year -- December -- many people are usually very busy with various Christmas activities such as baking cakes and choosing Christmas gifts.

Correct entry: their
The error was: (a) her
_________________________

"their" not "her" because object of "many people" is "their"

cam linh duong
cam linh duong

'their' instead 'her' because object of 'many people' is 'their' #2 (permalink) Tue Dec 05, 2006 19:42 pm   'their' instead 'her' because object of 'many people' is 'their'

"people" is plural

Therefore, the correct possessive pronoun is "their".
_________________
Billie Jean is not my lover. Hee.
Prezbucky

Location: Nashville, TN (USA)

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Hard is adjective and adverbHalt vs. stopPhrase: 'listen to spoken English'Can't we use work instead of job?Meaning of restriction, inhibition, prohibition and conditionPhrasal verb: lookPassive voice construction: followed by MarchWhen do you use look, watch, see and gaze?There should be vs. there'sWhat is meaning of 'hold up' and 'hold off'?Going back VERSUS going overUse 'forgotten' + 'at home''got to know' versus 'learned to know'