formal approval; proof; verification; religious ceremony
confirmation
correlation
outside
vegetable

Phrase: 'listen to spoken English'

Meaning of restriction, inhibition, prohibition and condition | Phrasal verb: look
Phrase: 'listen to spoken English' #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:21 am   Phrase: 'listen to spoken English'

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #14 "Listen and Improve Your English", question 8

For example you should listen at spoken English every day for 5 -- 10 minutes by following our texts.

(a) at
(b) every day
(c) by

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #14 "Listen and Improve Your English", answer 8

For example you should listen to spoken English every day for 5 -- 10 minutes by following our texts.

Correct entry: to
The error was: (a) at
_________________________

why?

cam linh duong
cam linh duong

Phrase: 'listen to spoken English' #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 06, 2006 14:57 pm   Phrase: 'listen to spoken English'

.
That is the form: listen to; look at; wait for. There is no other answer. Certain verbs take certain prepositions.
.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What does bald mean?What does "accommodate" mean in this sentence?Difference between "depict" and "delineate"Hard is adjective and adverbHalt vs. stopCan't we use work instead of job?Phrasal verb: to put up'their' instead 'her' because object of 'many people' is 'their'Passive voice construction: followed by MarchMeaning of 'fall through cracks'When do you use look, watch, see and gaze?There should be vs. there'sWhat is meaning of 'hold up' and 'hold off'?