source from which something arises; prototype; model
professional
source
original
passenger

Meaning of "Invariably Poirots calls all the suspicions together..."

Meaning of "physical supply chain" | contortionist vs. juggler
Meaning of "Invariably Poirots calls all the suspicions together..." #1 (permalink) Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:24 am   Meaning of "Invariably Poirots calls all the suspicions together..."

ESL/EFL Test #29 "Who has done it?", question 8

Invariably Poirots calls all the ......... together in the last part of the story.

(a) suspicions
(b) suspecting
(c) suspected
(d) suspects

ESL/EFL Test #29 "Who has done it?", answer 8

Invariably Poirots calls all the suspects together in the last part of the story.

Correct answer: (d) suspects

Invariably Poirots calls all the suspicions together in the last part of the story.
_________________________

please explain to me what this sentence means

thank you
Goran
Goran

Meaning of "Invariably Poirots calls all the suspicions together..." #2 (permalink) Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:08 am   Meaning of "Invariably Poirots calls all the suspicions together..."

In other words:

Inspector Poirot always calls a meeting of the suspects (the people who are thought to have committed the crime) near the end of the story.

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "Invariably Poirots calls all the suspicions together..." #3 (permalink) Wed Dec 03, 2008 23:11 pm   Meaning of "Invariably Poirots calls all the suspicions together..."

hi
could you please explain to me why suspects??
can we use suspected?
thank you
Yana McFadden

Meaning of "Invariably Poirots calls all the suspicions together..." #4 (permalink) Sun Sep 27, 2009 22:13 pm   Meaning of "Invariably Poirots calls all the suspicions together..."

hi :wink:
why not the suspected?
thanx in advance
mahsa
Goodmahsa

Location: Iran

What does aftretaste mean?Phrase 'Make yourself comfortable'what is commercial accounting? its importance and purpose?What are the corporate social responsibilities taken up by retail market?Why the prep "at" isn't suitable?I am unsure but is it possible that 'my' should in fact be "me"?What is the meaning of gasket?"I am at hire" vs "I am for hire""out at sea" vs "out for sea"Difference between skating and skiingA question for native speakers of English.What's the meaning of batting an eyelid?What do you mean by Joneses?