to hunt; to pursue; to run over; to race
gain
instrument
course
preface

Who is the person who does crime for pleasure?

"turn aside" vs "turn around" | The bones are believed to be...
Who is the person who does crime for pleasure? #1 (permalink) Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:56 am   Who is the person who does crime for pleasure?

Synonyms Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #114 "Synonyms for kill and murder", question 2

The plague in the nineteenth century was a terrible disease that ......... millions of people.

(a) killed
(b) murdered
(c) executed
(d) destroyed

Synonyms Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #114 "Synonyms for kill and murder", answer 2

The plague in the nineteenth century was a terrible disease that killed millions of people.

Correct answer: (a) killed
_________________________

Kent
Kent

Who is the person who does crime for pleasure? #2 (permalink) Tue Dec 26, 2006 22:50 pm   Who is the person who does crime for pleasure?

An evil criminal, a pathological criminal, a criminal psychopath, a criminal sadist? I can't think of better definitions, that is, of worse names to call them. Let's hope someone else has a really good epithet for this kind of... monster.

Sadly, there are far too many of those.

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of headroomIdiom: 'the ball is in your court'Meaning of 'accomplice'Definition of wheelchairDefinition of 'performer'Complaining about vs. complain aboutIncorrect: important to thinking through?Difference between establish and confirmHomework vs. assignmentMeaning of "a chance in a million"Expression: 'up to the mark'English prepositions: On vs. AtEnglish Idiom: All skin and bone