bid; offer; overseer; supervisor
dial
tender
interpreter
proliferation

Present simple negative

Cloze Passage | The use of "#"
Present simple negative #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:58 am   Present simple negative

is it
she doesn't have a cat

or is it
she dosen't has a cat?

have sounds right according to my ear, but don't you use "has" with third person singular pronouns? as in " she has a dog", you don't say "she have a dog".

Myc

Present simple negative #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:15 am   Present simple negative

The correct sentence is: She doesn't have a cat.

Auxiliaries agree with the subject and are followed by the infinitive of the main verb.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Present simple negative #3 (permalink) Fri Dec 29, 2006 14:08 pm   Present simple negative

To add to what Conchita said, think of it this way:

The auxiliary "does" already has the final S for person and number, so the main verb doesn't need it. You shouldn't have it twice.

Cloze Passage | The use of "#"
"one year" vs. "a year"They elected him president vs. They elected him as presidentQuadruple of...?Articles: Generic and DefiniteWould the line 'my imprecation lies(...)' be considered proper English?Errors: management are very highly important in an industrial society...Expression: 'Most users ever online was 195 on Sun Mar 26, 2006 22:18 pm'Common nouns, unusual verbs: "Breakfast, something" etcCurriculm vs. curriclaSubject verb agreement?Is it inversion?"must" vs "have to""much trouble" vs "a lot of troubles"