Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

training
run
discipline
warehouse
predisposition
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Curriculm vs. curricla

ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Subject verb agreement? | Common nouns, unusual verbs: "Breakfast, something" etc
listening exercises
Curriculm vs. curricla #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 28, 2006 14:35 pm   Curriculm vs. curricla

Hi,

What do you think of the following sentence -- in my opinion it should read curricula rather than curriculum:

I also create ESL curriculum for beginning to advanced English learners.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Torsten

TOEIC listening, question-response: How many employees are in your division?
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Curriculm vs. curricla #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 28, 2006 15:22 pm   Curriculm vs. curricla

I agree with you, Torsten, since the plural of curriculum is 'curricula' or 'curriculums' (less used, apparently).
Conchita
Language Coach

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Curriculm vs. curricla #3 (permalink) Thu Dec 28, 2006 20:27 pm   Curriculm vs. curricla

Quote:
I also create ESL curriculum for beginning to advanced English learners.

Hmm! Let's say ESL curriculam consists of:

1- Grammar rules
2- Vocabulary building
3- Idioms
4- Cloze Passages etc

...then why should we change it to ESL curriculams? :roll:

Come to think of it (and thinking aloud for that matter :lol: ) , I am a bit confused about this part:

for beginning to advanced English learners

Friends, do we agree??

Tom
Tom
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Subject verb agreement? | Common nouns, unusual verbs: "Breakfast, something" etc
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Quadruple of...?Articles: Generic and DefiniteWould the line 'my imprecation lies(...)' be considered proper English?Errors: management are very highly important in an industrial society...The use of "#"Expression: 'Most users ever online was 195 on Sun Mar 26, 2006 22:18 pm'Cloze PassagePresent simple negativeIs it inversion?"must" vs "have to""much trouble" vs "a lot of troubles"Meaning of "early bird"Meaning of "no-shows"