Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

intelligent; clever; shrewd; lively; fashionable; stylish
excellent
initialed
smart
detailed
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Common nouns, unusual verbs: "Breakfast, something" etc

ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Curriculm vs. curricla | Cloze Passage
listening exercises
Common nouns, unusual verbs: "Breakfast, something" etc #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 28, 2006 20:41 pm   Common nouns, unusual verbs: "Breakfast, something" etc

Hi

I am preparing a list of words which are very common nouns but uncommon/ unusual verbs. For example,

1-Something
2- Breakfast
etc.

Could you please provide me with some words like that??

Tom
Tom
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Common nouns, unusual verbs: "Breakfast, something" etc #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 28, 2006 20:47 pm   Common nouns, unusual verbs: "Breakfast, something" etc

Hi Tom,

You'll have to be a little more explicit!

A
Co-founder
Alan Townend

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Common nouns, unusual verbs: "Breakfast, something" etc #3 (permalink) Thu Dec 28, 2006 20:55 pm   Common nouns, unusual verbs: "Breakfast, something" etc

OK and thanks, Alan.

I saw the followings words used as verbs in three different places. All by authentic writers!.

1- She likes to breakfast (have breakfast) in expensive hotels.
2- Someone has scissored (cut with scissors)this photograph.
3- Don't you dare something (treat me as mere something) me!

Having seen that I decided to make a little list of such words for myself. Could you please help me here also?

Yours

Tom
Tom
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Common nouns, unusual verbs: "Breakfast, something" etc #4 (permalink) Thu Dec 28, 2006 21:16 pm   Common nouns, unusual verbs: "Breakfast, something" etc

Hi Tom,

A huge undertaking but I would recommend you browse this site:

http://www.eflworksheets.com/grammar/grammarsample.htm

Go to the nouns and verbs section and you should find a wealth of information to browse through and you will also find an answer key.

A
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Curriculm vs. curricla | Cloze Passage
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Quadruple of...?Articles: Generic and DefiniteWould the line 'my imprecation lies(...)' be considered proper English?Errors: management are very highly important in an industrial society...The use of "#"Expression: 'Most users ever online was 195 on Sun Mar 26, 2006 22:18 pm'Subject verb agreement?Present simple negativeIs it inversion?"must" vs "have to""much trouble" vs "a lot of troubles"Meaning of "early bird"Expression: "My husband keeps on about me having a baby"