in whatever manner; however
easy
courteously
back
anyway

128, 000, 000 for ResponsAble… :)

Do all adjectives + ly become adverb? | Meaning of 'Switched to a style', 'Fork for', MBO, LBO, etc
128, 000, 000 for ResponsAble… :) #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 02, 2007 14:16 pm   128, 000, 000 for ResponsAble… :)

One good British guy I communicate with (within some project) has the word 'responsable' in his signature… and I hesitate to ask him whether it just means resposIble. :)

When I google the 'word', I can enjoy seeing 128,000,000 (!) for Responsable.

When I think about the 'word', I must admit that the combination response' + 'able' looks as a quite logical formation. :) …even though it sounds a bit strange…

Could you validate that the 'word' does (not :)) exist and
this is (not :)) just a (very typical :)) typo?
_________________
It’s impossible to learn swimming without entering the water…
Tamara

128, 000, 000 for ResponsAble… :) #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 02, 2007 14:19 pm   128, 000, 000 for ResponsAble… :)

,
The fact that it is good Spanish and French may have something to do with the number of hits, even though it is bad English.
.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
128, 000, 000 for ResponsAble… :) #3 (permalink) Tue Jan 02, 2007 14:53 pm   128, 000, 000 for ResponsAble… :)

French and Spanish?
Ah... As I'm not a linguist, nor a natural polyglot:), I didn't suppose other (good :)) languages...

Thank you, Mister Micawber!
_________________
Tamara

128, 000, 000 for ResponsAble… :) #4 (permalink) Wed Jan 03, 2007 18:58 pm   128, 000, 000 for ResponsAble… :)

The cynic in me had jumped to the conclusion that the 128,000,000 number is representative of (only) English-speakers who can't (or won't take the time to...) spell "responsible" correctly.

...and then I saw MM's response. LOL, hadn't thought of that.
_________________
Billie Jean is not my lover. Hee.
Prezbucky

Location: Nashville, TN (USA)

Larger temptation vs bigger temptation :)Vocabulary regarding teeth: "implant, come etc""Addict to" vs "Addict of"Criminal lexicals: vandalism, arsonist, etc"Arrange" vs "Arrange for"The noun 'work' and its pluralFarther objection vs. Further objectionGrammar question Why not plus ing-form?Every 100 Indian boys... What it's saying?It cannot, nor it is not. – 'double inversion'? :)Expression: "Spending money"New Years Eve...Happy new year 2007 :)