Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

in whatever manner; however
easy
courteously
back
anyway
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

128, 000, 000 for ResponsAble… :)

ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Do all adjectives + ly become adverb? | Meaning of 'Switched to a style', 'Fork for', MBO, LBO, etc
listening exercises
128, 000, 000 for ResponsAble… :) #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 02, 2007 14:16 pm   128, 000, 000 for ResponsAble… :)

Hi

One good British guy I communicate with (within some project) has the word 'responsable' in his signature… and I hesitate to ask him whether it just means resposIble. :)

When I google the 'word', I can enjoy seeing 128,000,000 (!) for Responsable.

When I think about the 'word', I must admit that the combination response' + 'able' looks as a quite logical formation. :) …even though it sounds a bit strange…

Could you validate that the 'word' does (not :)) exist and
this is (not :)) just a (very typical :)) typo?

128, 000, 000 for ResponsAble… :) #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 02, 2007 14:19 pm   128, 000, 000 for ResponsAble… :)

The fact that it is good Spanish and French may have something to do with the number of hits, even though it is bad English.

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
128, 000, 000 for ResponsAble… :) #3 (permalink) Tue Jan 02, 2007 14:53 pm   128, 000, 000 for ResponsAble… :)

French and Spanish?
Ah... As I'm not a linguist, nor a natural polyglot:), I didn't suppose other (good :)) languages...

Thank you, Mister Micawber!

128, 000, 000 for ResponsAble… :) #4 (permalink) Wed Jan 03, 2007 18:58 pm   128, 000, 000 for ResponsAble… :)

The cynic in me had jumped to the conclusion that the 128,000,000 number is representative of (only) English-speakers who can't (or won't take the time to...) spell "responsible" correctly.

...and then I saw MM's response. LOL, hadn't thought of that.

Do all adjectives + ly become adverb? | Meaning of 'Switched to a style', 'Fork for', MBO, LBO, etc
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Larger temptation vs bigger temptation :)Vocabulary regarding teeth: "implant, come etc""Addict to" vs "Addict of"Criminal lexicals: vandalism, arsonist, etc"Arrange" vs "Arrange for"The noun 'work' and its pluralFarther objection vs. Further objectionGrammar question Why not plus ing-form?Every 100 Indian boys... What it's saying?It cannot, nor it is not. – 'double inversion'? :)Expression: "Spending money"New Years Eve...Happy new year 2007 :)