stability; consistency; continuousness; unbroken succession
fence
shortage
continuity
coupon

Every 100 Indian boys... What it's saying?

Happy new year 2007 :) | Can I say "the cows were all milked dry or out"?
Every 100 Indian boys... What it's saying? #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:52 am   Every 100 Indian boys... What it's saying?

"For every 100 Indian boys that attend school, approximately 60-65 Indian girls attend."

I don't understand the whole sentence. Can anybody tell me what it's saying?
All Potted Out

Every 100 Indian boys... What it's saying? #2 (permalink) Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:04 pm   Every 100 Indian boys... What it's saying?

Hi all potted

It is a question of percentage or ratio. If there are a 100 boys then there are also about 60 - 65 girls attending the same school a ratio of 5/3. It gives you an overall idea but may not be exact i.e. there maybe 250 boys but the ratio wouls stay about the same.

Hope it helps!
_________________
Please meet Stewart Tunncilff
Stew.t.

Location: Leipzig, Germany

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
"Addict to" vs "Addict of""Arrange" vs "Arrange for"The noun 'work' and its pluralGrammar question Why not plus ing-form?It cannot, nor it is not. – 'double inversion'? :)128, 000, 000 for ResponsAble… :)Do all adjectives + ly become adverb?Expression: "Spending money""one year" vs. "a year"'Assistive' - the word is a bit tricky...'somewhere in smb.’s life' vs. 'somewhen in smb.’s life'They elected him president vs. They elected him as presidentQuadruple of...?