obligation; responsibility; assignment; customs tax
collection
ad
irritation
duty

"Arrange" vs "Arrange for"

"Addict to" vs "Addict of" | Farther objection vs. Further objection
"Arrange" vs "Arrange for" #1 (permalink) Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:16 am   "Arrange" vs "Arrange for"

Could you please tell me the difference between:

1- He has to arrange a flat in the new city.
2- He has to arrange for a flat in the new city.

"Arrange" vs "Arrange for" #2 (permalink) Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:46 am   "Arrange" vs "Arrange for"

Although 'arrange' can have several meanings, both your sentences suggest the same sense of 'organizing', especially as you've added 'in the new city'. To me they both mean: 'He has to find a flat in the new city'. The first sentence, however, could also mean that he already has a flat and has to adapt it, making some changes to it.

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Two sentences from an adapted text... :)The use of "although and but" togetherExpression : 'Although she was hesitant for a space, she soon overcame it.'Larger temptation vs bigger temptation :)Vocabulary regarding teeth: "implant, come etc"Criminal lexicals: vandalism, arsonist, etcThe noun 'work' and its pluralGrammar question Why not plus ing-form?Every 100 Indian boys... What it's saying?It cannot, nor it is not. – 'double inversion'? :)128, 000, 000 for ResponsAble… :)Do all adjectives + ly become adverb?New Years Eve...