to need to; must; to be obligated
article
locate
proof
ought

Expression : 'Although she was hesitant for a space, she soon overcame it.'

Larger temptation vs bigger temptation :) | Past and present together: "Wanted+will+begin"
Expression : 'Although she was hesitant for a space, she soon overcame it.' #1 (permalink) Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:46 am   Expression : 'Although she was hesitant for a space, she soon overcame it.'

Could you please explain the following expression to me?

1- Although she was hesitant for a space, she soon overcame it.

Expression : 'Although she was hesitant for a space, she soon overcame it.' #2 (permalink) Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:58 am   Expression : 'Although she was hesitant for a space, she soon overcame it.'

Hi Tom,

A bit of a dog's dinner this sentence, I feel because it's not clear what 'it' refers to. Perhaps this could be rewritten as: Although she showed hesitation for a short while, she soon overcame it/ Although she hesitated for a short while, she soon overcame her hesitation.

_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Innate vs instinctExpression: " Hotel crab Hotel...""Forward me" vs "Forward to me""Audience" vs "Audiences"What are a say reader, a hear reader and a sight reader?"printer companies" is that ok?Two sentences from an adapted text... :)The use of "although and but" togetherVocabulary regarding teeth: "implant, come etc""Addict to" vs "Addict of"Criminal lexicals: vandalism, arsonist, etc"Arrange" vs "Arrange for"The noun 'work' and its plural