Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to cover a hole with a piece of material; to use to cover a hole
dash
patch
court
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Difference between weather and climate

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Just curious | Only the shortcut to it???
listening exercises
Difference between weather and climate #1 (permalink) Sat Jan 06, 2007 21:56 pm   Difference between weather and climate

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #85 "Common English Errors (1)", question 5

When I drove into Seattle yesterday afternoon, the ......... was still cloudy and wet.

(a) weather
(b) climate
(c) climate condition
(d) environment

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #85 "Common English Errors (1)", answer 5

When I drove into Seattle yesterday afternoon, the weather was still cloudy and wet.

Correct answer: (a) weather

Your answer was: correct

hi i'm Isabel, please could you explain what's the difference between weather and climate, thanks.

Isabel Mendoza
Isabel Mendoza

Difference between weather and climate #2 (permalink) Sun Jan 07, 2007 0:44 am   Difference between weather and climate

Weather is the state of the air and atmosphere at a certain time: what's the weather like today?

Climate applies to permanent or usual weather conditions in a particular region or country: the climate in the mountains is cool and wet.
Conchita
Language Coach

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Difference between weather and climate #3 (permalink) Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:02 am   Difference between weather and climate

Hi teachers,

When I drove to/into... Could you please tell me the difference?
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Difference between weather and climate #4 (permalink) Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:43 am   Difference between weather and climate

'into' indicates going in to an area.
Language Coach

Just curious | Only the shortcut to it???
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
increments the number???What does rather than mean and when we use it and how Could you explain on exampWhat does this mean --Extreme sports have taken off in a big way over the last twShould?To make the most of it?Does it naturallyl sound in English- The theme of our lesson is ---- Thanks forstart or beginmore important vs. most importantwho could possibly be ringingWhat are quirks?what does furtive mean?Difference between exhausting and exhaustiveIt's about time