to cover a hole with a piece of material; to use to cover a hole
dash
patch
court
report

Difference between weather and climate

Just curious | Only the shortcut to it???
Difference between weather and climate #1 (permalink) Sat Jan 06, 2007 21:56 pm   Difference between weather and climate

ESL/EFL Test #85 "Common English Errors (1)", question 5

When I drove into Seattle yesterday afternoon, the ......... was still cloudy and wet.

(a) weather
(b) climate
(c) climate condition
(d) environment

ESL/EFL Test #85 "Common English Errors (1)", answer 5

When I drove into Seattle yesterday afternoon, the weather was still cloudy and wet.

Correct answer: (a) weather

_________________________

hi i'm Isabel, please could you explain what's the difference between weather and climate, thanks.

Isabel Mendoza
Isabel Mendoza

Difference between weather and climate #2 (permalink) Sun Jan 07, 2007 0:44 am   Difference between weather and climate

Weather is the state of the air and atmosphere at a certain time: what's the weather like today?

Climate applies to permanent or usual weather conditions in a particular region or country: the climate in the mountains is cool and wet.

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Difference between weather and climate #3 (permalink) Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:02 am   Difference between weather and climate

Hi teachers,

When I drove to/into... Could you please tell me the difference?
_________________
A Word A Day:
http://www.twitter.com/Urdu2Eng
Untaught1988

Location: Pakistan

Difference between weather and climate #4 (permalink) Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:43 am   Difference between weather and climate

'into' indicates going in to an area.
_________________

increments the number???What does rather than mean and when we use it and how Could you explain on exampWhat does this mean --Extreme sports have taken off in a big way over the last twShould?To make the most of it?Does it naturallyl sound in English- The theme of our lesson is ---- Thanks forstart or beginmore important vs. most importantwho could possibly be ringingWhat are quirks?what does furtive mean?Difference between exhausting and exhaustiveIt's about time