affiliate; office; industry; trade; business unit
branch
conference
banquet
collectible

Who was Desdemona?

assist vs. devote | Is superfluous a noun?
Who was Desdemona? #1 (permalink) Sat Jan 13, 2007 17:52 pm   Who was Desdemona?

ESL/EFL Test #250 "Business Buzzwords through Thick and Thin", question 3

The ......... strategy is one in which a third party poses as a white knight in a takeover bid, and then joins forces with an unfriendly bidder.

(a) Desdemona
(b) Lady Macbeth
(c) Mata Hari
(d) Tokyo Rose

ESL/EFL Test #250 "Business Buzzwords through Thick and Thin", answer 3

The Lady Macbeth strategy is one in which a third party poses as a white knight in a takeover bid, and then joins forces with an unfriendly bidder.

Correct answer: (b) Lady Macbeth
_________________________

Who was Desdemona?

Litta
Litta

Who was Desdemona? #2 (permalink) Sat Jan 13, 2007 21:26 pm   Who was Desdemona?

Doing a search with Google, you will find (for example) this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desdemona_%28Othello%29
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Idiom "used a four letter word"meaning of "an experienced person"meaning of expression "way before"'Absolutely perfect': Is it oral English or for emphasis?Why does the idiom 'no time to lose' not mean to 'procrastinate'?Explanation: I really must write that lettermeaning of interfacing, insertion, intercalationWhat are the meanings of these phrasal verbs with 'get'?What is the meaning of the phrasal verb 'check in'?"get away" vs "get off/get in"dig vs. spadeThese words are a bit unfamiliar!come down hard on you vs. reprimand