to move heavily or awkwardly; to accumulate; to collect
lumber
fax
chain
incline

What is the meaning of the phrasal verb 'check in'?

Is superfluous a noun? | What are the meanings of these phrasal verbs with 'get'?
What is the meaning of the phrasal verb 'check in'? #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:12 am   What is the meaning of the phrasal verb 'check in'?

ESL/EFL Test #235 "Phrasal Verbs and Traveling", question 1

After you buy an airplane ticket, you must ......... once you arrive at the airport in order to confirm the flight and get a seat on the aircraft.

(a) check over
(b) check in
(c) check out
(d) check off

ESL/EFL Test #235 "Phrasal Verbs and Traveling", answer 1

After you buy an airplane ticket, you must check in once you arrive at the airport in order to confirm the flight and get a seat on the aircraft.

Correct answer: (b) check in
_________________________

What is the correct answer?
uta

What is the meaning of the phrasal verb 'check in'? #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:52 am   What is the meaning of the phrasal verb 'check in'?

.
It appears right above your question in your post: check in.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of 'roots in the country'phrasal verb breakIdiom "used a four letter word"meaning of "an experienced person"meaning of expression "way before"'Absolutely perfect': Is it oral English or for emphasis?Why does the idiom 'no time to lose' not mean to 'procrastinate'?Explanation: I really must write that lettermeaning of interfacing, insertion, intercalationassist vs. devoteWho was Desdemona?"get away" vs "get off/get in"dig vs. spade