guilt; responsibility; liability
blame
seminar
inquiry
fixture

What are the meanings of these phrasal verbs with 'get'?

What is the meaning of the phrasal verb 'check in'? | meaning of interfacing, insertion, intercalation
What are the meanings of these phrasal verbs with 'get'? #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:16 am   What are the meanings of these phrasal verbs with 'get'?

ESL/EFL Test #235 "Phrasal Verbs and Traveling", question 3

Sally is wondering what time her husband's plane .......... The plane was delayed in Colorado due to a blizzard.

(a) gets up
(b) gets in
(c) get away
(d) get on

ESL/EFL Test #235 "Phrasal Verbs and Traveling", answer 3

Sally is wondering what time her husband's plane gets in. The plane was delayed in Colorado due to a blizzard.

Correct answer: (b) gets in
_________________________

I need an explanation!

ingolf
ingolf

What are the meanings of these phrasal verbs with 'get'? #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:56 am   What are the meanings of these phrasal verbs with 'get'?

.
Get in = arrive.

Get up = arise
Get away = escape
Get on = progress; board; relate socially

Get in is the appropriate choice for the test sentence.
.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of 'roots in the country'What's the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'?phrasal verb breakIdiom "used a four letter word"meaning of "an experienced person"meaning of expression "way before"'Absolutely perfect': Is it oral English or for emphasis?Why does the idiom 'no time to lose' not mean to 'procrastinate'?Explanation: I really must write that letterIs superfluous a noun?assist vs. devoteWho was Desdemona?"get away" vs "get off/get in"