passage; walkway (between rows of seats or shelves)
establishment
table
triangle
aisle

meaning of attorney

refund vs. replacement | Why capitalization is needed in run for Prime Minister or Parliament?
meaning of attorney #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:11 am   meaning of attorney

ESL/EFL Test #241 "Interactive worksheets (2)", question 3

The district attorney desperately tried to ......... a confession from the accused in the cross-examination. He really wanted to win the case because he believed the accused was guilty.

(a) illicit
(b) eliminate
(c) elicit
(d) elite

ESL/EFL Test #241 "Interactive worksheets (2)", answer 3

The district attorney desperately tried to elicit a confession from the accused in the cross-examination. He really wanted to win the case because he believed the accused was guilty.

Correct answer: (c) elicit
_________________________

what does this mean- attorney?

nona m.
nona m.

meaning of attorney #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:32 am   meaning of attorney

An attorney is a lawyer, a person who has studied law and can advise people on legal matters.

In the US, a district attorney is a prosecutor who represents the government in a judicial area.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does 'plaintiff' mean?What does 'to confuse the issue' mean?What does 'to make an issue' mean?What does this idiom mean: 'out of your mind'? Does it mean 'unsure'?What is 'a slip of the tongue'? Is it an idiom?What does 'supreme court' mean?choose vs. choicemeaning of "threat" and "venture"What does this idiom mean: 'out on your ear'?Idiom "on no account"Why made instead of make?meaning of "get away"what does "there's a lot more" mean?