Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

comprising the best result ever attained
perishable
usual
record
awesome
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude"

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Test incompl/elem-293, User's Answer 2 | Conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it
listening exercises
Meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude" #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 24, 2007 14:11 pm   Meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude"

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #134 "Ways of thanking", question 9

It's very difficult for children to ......... their gratitude for what their parents have done for them.

(a) show
(b) initiate
(c) enclose
(d) refer

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #134 "Ways of thanking", answer 9

It's very difficult for children to enclose their gratitude for what their parents have done for them.

Correct answer: (c) enclose

Your answer was: incorrect
It's very difficult for children to show their gratitude for what their parents have done for them.

Can you please explain the meaning of the sentence because I have interpreted it differently.

Monika
Monika L.

meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude " #2 (permalink) Wed Jan 24, 2007 18:24 pm   meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude "

Hello Monika

I think this must be an error in the test because "enclose" wouldn't fit here in my opinion, too. "Disclose" would be another option but of those given I'd have chosen "show" myself.

Moderators: Can someone confirm this or enlighten us, why it is enclose??

L.L.
Lucien_Librarian
You can meet me at english-test.net

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude " #3 (permalink) Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:26 am   meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude "

Hi L.L.
I agree with you. The correct answer should be 'show'(in the meaning of 'to express')
Pamela
I'm a Communicator ;-)

meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude " #4 (permalink) Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:14 am   meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude "

I agree. The correct answer should be 'show'.

Amy

meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude " #5 (permalink) Fri Jan 26, 2007 16:03 pm   meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude "

indeed

meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude " #6 (permalink) Fri Jan 26, 2007 16:22 pm   meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude "

Absolutely.
Co-founder
Alan Townend

meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude " #7 (permalink) Fri Jan 26, 2007 23:58 pm   meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude "

Definitely!

(You thought you were going to have the last word, eh?)
Conchita
Language Coach

meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude " #8 (permalink) Sat Jan 27, 2007 0:31 am   meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude "

darn it

well there is another word to use:

amen

Meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude" #9 (permalink) Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:16 am   Meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude"

No one has modified it yet. Can someone update this question to avoid confusion next?

P/s: Please just correct if I'm wrong somewhere!
Hieupt
I'm here quite often ;-)

Meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude" #10 (permalink) Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:29 pm   Meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude"

Good to know I was right there.. I just got very confused with the answer...
Nadeee
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude" #11 (permalink) Tue Mar 29, 2011 14:31 pm   Meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude"

Hi,
" enclose" as the correct option still remains.
Eugene2114
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude" #12 (permalink) Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:05 am   Meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude"

Hellloo..moderators..is anybody there?? correct it please..or explain that we are wrong and "enclose" is correct form..
Gela
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude" #13 (permalink) Sun Dec 30, 2012 16:31 pm   Meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude"

'Enclose' is NOT the correct form, as has already been explained in this thread.
The test cannot be corrected by the moderators. There are technical errors.
Language Coach

Test incompl/elem-293, User's Answer 2 | Conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Lifelong learning?service tax vs. sales taxWhat are liberal parties?You shouldn't talk back to your mother nor should you disobey her rulesThis is known as separation of powerthe system encompassing this type of government is called shared powersChris has a class at 8 am, so he catches the 7:15 am bus.He is really angry, so we should leave him alone for a while.he was being hurtfulYou ought to be ashamed of yourselfI don't have a jobWhat animal is a tortoise?immanent vs illicit