Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

arranged in divisions; divisional; concerning an office
paramount
evident
departmental
diligent
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Can I return it, if I have the receipt?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
"As you probably know" vs. "As you certainly know" | What is the difference between 'I wish' and 'I'm wishing'?
listening exercises
Can I return it, if I have the receipt? #1 (permalink) Fri Feb 02, 2007 19:35 pm   Can I return it, if I have the receipt?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #237 "Common Phrases and Respones (3)", question 1

I picked up the basket and it came apart in my hands. .........

(a) I love that craft store.
(b) If you have your receipt, you can return it.
(c) You should give it to Haley for Christmas.
(d) You should buy it. It's in great shape.

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #237 "Common Phrases and Respones (3)", answer 1

I picked up the basket and it came apart in my hands. If you have your receipt, you can return it.

Correct answer: (b) If you have your receipt, you can return it.

which is correct

marmar
marmar

Came apart in my hands #2 (permalink) Fri Feb 02, 2007 21:51 pm   Came apart in my hands

Marmar,
I'm not sure what you're asking. The correct answer is given to you. The correct answer is "If you have your receipt, you can return it."
The others don't make sense. If something comes apart in your hands then it's literally in pieces/broken so you wouldn't give it to someone as a gift. The other options don't make sense either. I hope this helps.
Linda
I'm here quite often ;-)
Linda Arlia

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
"As you probably know" vs. "As you certainly know" | What is the difference between 'I wish' and 'I'm wishing'?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
meaning of pace and straymeaning of embarrassedmeaning of globalDiffrence between object and subject in this sentence?What does "breaking up" mean?What is the difference between 'angry with' and 'angry to'?Can flowers feel good when they smell good?meaning of "individual federal taxes"Good answer for question "What are your plans?"meaning of "stranded crew"meaning of 'shared power'meaning of Friarsanother term for savings account?