arranged in divisions; divisional; concerning an office
paramount
evident
departmental
diligent

Can I return it, if I have the receipt?

"As you probably know" vs. "As you certainly know" | What is the difference between 'I wish' and 'I'm wishing'?
Can I return it, if I have the receipt? #1 (permalink) Fri Feb 02, 2007 19:35 pm   Can I return it, if I have the receipt?

ESL/EFL Test #237 "Common Phrases and Respones (3)", question 1

I picked up the basket and it came apart in my hands. .........

(a) I love that craft store.
(b) If you have your receipt, you can return it.
(c) You should give it to Haley for Christmas.
(d) You should buy it. It's in great shape.

ESL/EFL Test #237 "Common Phrases and Respones (3)", answer 1

I picked up the basket and it came apart in my hands. If you have your receipt, you can return it.

Correct answer: (b) If you have your receipt, you can return it.
_________________________

which is correct

marmar
marmar

Came apart in my hands #2 (permalink) Fri Feb 02, 2007 21:51 pm   Came apart in my hands

Marmar,
I'm not sure what you're asking. The correct answer is given to you. The correct answer is "If you have your receipt, you can return it."
The others don't make sense. If something comes apart in your hands then it's literally in pieces/broken so you wouldn't give it to someone as a gift. The other options don't make sense either. I hope this helps.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of pace and straymeaning of embarrassedmeaning of globalDiffrence between object and subject in this sentence?What does "breaking up" mean?What is the difference between 'angry with' and 'angry to'?Can flowers feel good when they smell good?meaning of "individual federal taxes"Good answer for question "What are your plans?"meaning of "stranded crew"meaning of 'shared power'meaning of Friarsanother term for savings account?